Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   provider: sipgate shows "request sent" since monday (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1586)

tomblandford 05-21-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Condor (Post 9072)
Poor Sipgate!
Mean Germans use them only to receive calls on their free incoming numbers and Betamax for free outgoing calls.
:cool:

Mean Englishmen too :o! Agreed - they were being done over! I have now got a second number with Voip.co.uk instead (£2 charge which I was happy to pay in an attempt to be less mean than I naturally am!).
Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 9070)
Not at all Tom. I don't think the issue is trust I rather suspect the issue is "least cost routing".

I suspected the same! :rolleyes: At least we know you're trustworthy!! Thanks for trying to help. I wonder if a bit of customer pressure will change their minds; or will they just see Voxalot users as the type of customer they'd rather avoid anyway.

EDIT: the reply from Sipgate when I told them I would close my account pulls no punches. No "sorry to see you leave" or anything like that!
Quote:

Originally Posted by sipgate
You can delete your account under "Settings" -> "Contract".
Best regards,
Frederik van Koningshoven

I have done!

dc2007 05-21-2007 03:13 PM

that will be the day if most of them and that includes voxalot implements OpenID. its time we claim back our usernames/passwords.

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 9063)
I agree, and there is a framework that supports this concept:

OpenID: an actually distributed identity system

I would be very surprised if sipgate was also blocking:

If they are not blocking them, then I am curious to understand the reason Voxalot has been singled out???

martin 05-21-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc2007 (Post 9076)
that will be the day if most of them and that includes voxalot implements OpenID. its time we claim back our usernames/passwords.

You're right, it would require some major changes to move the technology in that direction, however I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

All it takes is a small group of organizations to get the ball rolling. What do you reckon Craig, is the idea viable?

@Tom I believe Tony will attempt to make contact with sipgate management and report back on his progress.

martin 05-21-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 9077)
All it takes is a small group of organizations to get the ball rolling.

A little googling reveals I am not the only one thinking that OpenID is a potential solution:

OpenID and VoIP

dc2007 05-22-2007 12:45 PM

sipgate..
its working again now.

OpenID..
besides the authentication nature but the seamless transfer/migration between itsp. and maybe eventually foregoing those prefixes between peers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 9078)
A little googling reveals I am not the only one thinking that OpenID is a potential solution:

OpenID and VoIP

tomblandford 05-22-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc2007 (Post 9086)
sipgate... its working again now.

Not for me, I'm afraid. Still showing 'request sent'.

EDIT: EU server, UK Sipgate.
I've given up on Sipgate now and moved over to voip.co.uk for my other line as well.

flaquadrat 05-22-2007 02:45 PM

sipgate.at
eu.voxalot.com

Still showing "request sent".

regards
fla

olinpower 05-22-2007 02:52 PM

sipgate let only make outgoing call, but not incoming :(. I have flashed my pap2 2 sp1001 and set voxalot at line 1 and sipgate at line 2. Second telephone is dead now :(

haifischjunge 05-22-2007 03:28 PM

that thing with sipgate is no fun. im just glad ive got now an isp who trusts me and gives out the data even for the sip account with geo numbers.

however as i startet into voip land with sipgate.at i got still 15e in my account. now i have to really login and spend the 15 for calls :(

LCfan 05-22-2007 03:51 PM

sipgate.de
us.voxalot.com

Still showing "request sent". Since monday last week....

Andreas

LCfan 05-22-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 9092)
im just glad ive got now an isp who trusts me and gives out the data even for the sip account with geo numbers.

Can you tell me the name of the provider you found? I think all sipgate users here will look sooner or later for alternatives.

Andreas

tomblandford 05-22-2007 04:01 PM

voip.co.uk - residential is a good alternative. you will have to add £10 credit to start. The basic package has no line rental and a free incoming phone number. You can buy extra phone numbers for £2.

flaquadrat 05-22-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 9097)
voip.co.uk - residential is a good alternative. you will have to add £10 credit to start. The basic package has no line rental and a free incoming phone number. You can buy extra phone numbers for £2.

Thank You Tom! But - I am searching for austrian incoming number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 9092)
that thing with sipgate is no fun. im just glad ive got now an isp who trusts me and gives out the data even for the sip account with geo numbers.

however as i startet into voip land with sipgate.at i got still 15e in my account. now i have to really login and spend the 15 for calls :(

haifischjunge,
Can you tell us the name of the provider you found?

Thank You & Vielen Dank!

regards
fla

olinpower 05-22-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaquadrat (Post 9098)
Thank You Tom! But - I am searching for austrian incoming number.
haifischjunge,
Can you tell us the name of the provider you found?
Thank You & Vielen Dank!
regards
fla

@martin
we need search function in Global Provider Index, like free DID. I know only free DID for Poland, but who need that :) Actio - alternatywa dla tradycyjnego telefonu

edit: VOIP Service Providers Residential - voip-info.org
little list about voip providers

haifischjunge 05-23-2007 12:21 PM

sorry, ive got my did with my internet access. im using silverserver in vienna, not the cheapest, but i know every supporter by name (very small, business centric provider)

edit: if i remember correctly sipcall.at also offers 0720 numbers for free.

edit: i hope you know of the semi-illegal gateway to make real (real long) geo (vienna) numbers out of 0720 numbers.

flaquadrat 05-23-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 9113)
sorry, ive got my did with my internet access. im using silverserver in vienna, not the cheapest, but i know every supporter by name (very small, business centric provider)

edit: if i remember correctly sipcall.at also offers 0720 numbers for free.

edit: i hope you know of the semi-illegal gateway to make real (real long) geo (vienna) numbers out of 0720 numbers.

Thank you haifischjunge.
1) Yes, "silverserver" is very good! My ISP is "chello.at"
2) sipcall.at is "sipgate.at" and "inode.at" reseller.
3) second edit? url?

regards
fla

haifischjunge 05-23-2007 02:41 PM

i dont think sipcall is a sipgate reseller. they do use different servers and support different codecs.

does anyone have an sipcall.at at account to try if it works with vocalot?

flaquadrat 05-24-2007 07:54 AM

here is the solution that works for me:
1) voxalot.com: delete the sipgate.at from "providers" (this is all to do at voxalot)
2) create pbxes.com (free) account
3) pbxes.com: create "sip extension"
4) pbxes.com: edit "sip extension" and for "Device options->Dial" put "SIP/<voxalotusernumber>@eu.voxalot.com" (or au.voxalot.com or us....)
5) pbxes.com: create "trunc" for sipgate.at (user,password,sipserver,...)

6) call 0043720.... from fixphone, cellphone: and my sip phone connected to eu.voxalot.com rings.

i must test this solution longer - maybe it works only now or only for next 1-2 days but at the moment its ok for me.

EDIT: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

regards & liebe grüße
fla

flaquadrat 05-24-2007 10:39 AM

i got one austrian 0720 number from sipcall.at (free account option).
now the number is registred as my voxalot "provider" and incoming calls are (still) working. i tested with fixline and cell phone.

regards
fla

mgoebel 05-24-2007 02:19 PM

The last time I checked Sipgate did not work with PBXes either

The last time I checked Sipgate did not work with PBXes either.

stufried 05-24-2007 02:38 PM

I don't think that simply flipping servers will will be anything more than a very temporary fix. They are looking for connections from the same ip address for multiple users and honing in on that.

I'm a pbxes user. I'm thinking of either migrating back to an Asterisks box or just buying all my dids. I started using pbxes because I travel alot and that way I didn't have to depend on other people to do my support.

I think the big problem with these services is that they regard our ability to create our own rate plans (e.g. picking the best rate here, there, etc) as a form of cheating. They are assuming cut the most popular rates to the bone, people will also use them (out of laziness) for the more expensive routes. With Asterisks or hosted services, most of us are building our own least call routing system.s

flaquadrat 05-24-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Condor (Post 9141)

hallo el_condor!
not only that sipgate.at works with pbxes.com: I configured one "output-trunc" with voipbuster.com, connect my siemens sip phone to pbxes.com and ... - it works (*without fup*).
i tested calls between voxalot.com and pbxes.com - all works ok.

i wil test this configuration this evening again and next 2-3 days to be shure that all works - but *without garantie* - my incoming number sipgate.at via voxalot.com has working 1/2 year - and now ....

regards
fla

flaquadrat 05-24-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stufried (Post 9142)
I don't think that simply flipping servers will will be anything more than a very temporary fix. They are looking for connections from the same ip address for multiple users and honing in on that.

I'm a pbxes user. I'm thinking of either migrating back to an Asterisks box or just buying all my dids. I started using pbxes because I travel alot and that way I didn't have to depend on other people to do my support.

I think the big problem with these services is that they regard our ability to create our own rate plans (e.g. picking the best rate here, there, etc) as a form of cheating. They are assuming cut the most popular rates to the bone, people will also use them (out of laziness) for the more expensive routes. With Asterisks or hosted services, most of us are building our own least call routing system.s

hallo stufried!
i agree with you: it is "temporary fix".
but now it works as i need:
1) free austrian incoming numbers via pbxes.com
2) and i build my least call route using "dial plan" via voxalot.

stufried, thank you very much for this usefull comment!

regards
fla

wilsonhlacerda 05-24-2007 06:06 PM

I have not read the whole tread, but if not suggested yet you can try this workaround:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-solution.html

flaquadrat 05-24-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda (Post 9147)
I have not read the whole tread, but if not suggested yet you can try this workaround:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-solution.html

thank you very much wilsonhlacerada!

this "workaround" is working perfectly for me to! i have not found your description yesterday - but now is everything "so symple"!

i would like to say that:
1) my sipgate.at incomming number provider are (still) connected to pbxes.com
2) the redirection from pbxes.com to "sip/myvoxnumber@eu.voxalot.com" is still ringing my siemens sip phone connected to my voxalot account.
3) the "sipcall.at 0720" austrian voip number is (still) registred to voxalot.com and is ringing my x-lite soft phone connected to second voxalot account.

i tested the connection from sip phone to fix line and mobile line (t-mobile.at and telering.at)
and
from fix line and mobile line to sip phone (voxalot/pbxes)
and
from sip phone to x-lite and vice versa.

all (still) working ok - configuration started yesterday evening.
sound quality is very well to. no echo at all.
my isp is chello.at (4mbit down/ 512k up).
incomming austrian number: sipgate.at and sipcall.at.
for outgoing call i am using voipbuster.com and voipcheap.com.
connected to eu.voxalot.com.

i will report the (eventualy) problems with this configuration.

regards
fla

987990 05-24-2007 10:37 PM

Well since Sipgate are surely reading this I am offering odds on how long this fix will last. Any takers for a spread bet on number of days to next PBX shutdown by our European friends?

But let's consider the whole Voip value chain. Everyone has to make money somewhere. We are almost in danger of seeing Sipgate as the bad guys here. Yet they have offered a superb service for nothing if you have the ability to spend endless hours configuring Voxalot type services. It can come as no surprise that they are finally trying to squeeze the offenders like myself who quite legitimately only utilise their free offerings.

But where does this leave Voxalot? What a superb service to integrate all the free bits of different services. Unfortunately, our old friend the free market says it was only worth slightly less than what it could save you. Well with all the freebies barring it, the premium service has just taken a huge dump in value. A quick trawl around today shows that actually there are some pretty good deals around for a real service with paying numbers that might just last more than 5 minutes. Meanwhile if I added up all the labour cost of trying to wangle a constantly free phone service last year it probably cost me about $15000.

But what the heck once you've started....keep going. So only a week of hard graft and I have a modded a Linksys WRT54 with a 1Gb smart card and DD-WRT and load Asterisk onto it! Works a treat, anyone else want to buy one? At a rate of one a week the cost will only be at least ten times what a single decent service will cost you.

Plus of course this is the World of Voip and some nutter will be along tomorrow with another freebie to keep us going for another 6 months until his venture capital runs out. Long live the internet and 'free' speech...especially over the phone!

flaquadrat 05-25-2007 06:08 AM

very, very good 987990!!!!
your comments are perfect.

[quote]...Meanwhile if I added up all the labour cost of trying to wangle a constantly free phone service last year it probably cost me about $15000.[/QOUTE]

my first toy was linux. now i am playing with voip (enum, asterisk, pbx, etc.).
...and i like to play with all this very (for me) complex and interesting systems.

again: thank you very much 987990!

regards
fla

mgoebel 05-25-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaquadrat (Post 9143)
hallo el_condor!
not only that sipgate.at works with pbxes.com: I configured one "output-trunc" with voipbuster.com, connect my siemens sip phone to pbxes.com and ... - it works (*without fup*).

So, congratulations that the Austrian Sipgate, sipgate.at, doesn't block PBXes. The Germans at sipgate.de, where I have my inbound numbers from, do block it. So your workaround doesn't work for me. I will re-check this tomorrow. Today at least it did not work.

flaquadrat 05-25-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 987990 (Post 9150)
Well since Sipgate are surely reading this I am offering odds on how long this fix will last. Any takers for a spread bet on number of days to next PBX shutdown by our European friends?

hallo el_condor!
yes austrian sipgate is (still) working - but how long will work???

regards
fla

mgoebel 05-25-2007 11:02 AM

Correction

Correction:

Now German Sipgate works with PBXes. Yet for 5 minutes I see myself "online with PBXes" in my Sipgate account.
(But this is a Voxalot forum and I don't know if Martin likes that much mentioning of his competitor here. ;))

But still the fact remains that Sipgate is causing us much work. I have implemented what you explained. Thanks to you and Wilson!

mgoebel 05-25-2007 11:33 AM

I suppose that Sipgate does not like to be double contacted by Voxalot AND PBXes. You really have to delete Sipgate from Voxalot's provider list to make it work with PBXes.

This is a strange behaviour since Sipgate normally accepts double logins from different SIP devices, e.g. in former days I was connected to Sipgate from Voxalot and my ATA at the same time.

Those were the days when Sipgate was the central voice mail for alle my SIP accounts. Too sad that they are over.

flaquadrat 05-25-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaquadrat (Post 9132)
here is the solution that works for me:
1) voxalot.com: delete the sipgate.at from "providers" (this is all to do at voxalot)
2) create pbxes.com (free) account
3) ... bla bla bla

hallo el_condor!

yes - the sipgate account(s) at voxalot must be deleted *first* (as described).

regards
fla

ataboy 05-25-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Condor (Post 9141)

I can't get it to work with sipgate.co.uk, but then again I might have set it up wrongly. . .

ataboy

PaulC 05-28-2007 05:35 PM

Hmm... I just tried registering my UK sipgate account with my (US-based) asterisk server, and though both ends claim to be registered, calls to a UK geographic sipgate number won't go through (recorded message). The sipgate website has recognised that an 'Asterisk PBX' is the device connected to it, so I wonder if that's part of the block? and/or a geographic block on calls being routed to an IP address outside the UK?

Either reason might be enough to explain why my (US) voxalot account can't register successfully with sipgate.co.uk. Though it's odd my asterisk server is registering successfully, though it's pretty academic if a UK caller can't reach me.

Frankly, if sipgate doesn't want my business so badly they're prepared to put obsticles in the way, that's fine by me. I can get better termination rates to UK numbers from a US provider anyhow (which is somewhat ironic...).

But I still need a UK geographic number (Nottingham). Anyone have any experience with OrbTalk?

kurun 05-28-2007 10:12 PM

Geographic UK Number

I have a UK geographic number from DrayTEL VoIP Service
You can pick the local area for an initial charge.
Account works very well registered in Voxalot.

mgoebel 05-31-2007 11:28 AM

Any news?

Any news from Sipgate?

I saw that they visited several times my regarding blog entry. Maybe the unblocked Voxalot after that?

slapdash 06-21-2007 06:31 AM

I only use sipgate to send occasional texts these day, so I have only just woken upto the fact that I can't receive calls on my sipgate number. I emailed sipgate and reived this :-

Duesseldorf, 20.6.2007

Hi Mr. ...,

you have to register the device directly with our server.

Login details must not be given to 3rd parties. The provider mentioned above (note: voxalot is ment) attracted attention due to nonserious business practices. for our customers safety we try to remedy potential abuse through this corporation.

Best regards,

Frederik van Koningshoven

It looks as if Martin and co. have been enjoying their work, and have not taken life seriously enough. That always upsets German businessmen.:)

van Koningshoven's message also looks a bit libellous - nonserious business practices...customers safety...potential abuse. I think voxalot should ask for a public apology

Slapdash

martin 06-21-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapdash (Post 9633)
It looks as if Martin and co. have been enjoying their work, and have not taken life seriously enough. That always upsets German businessmen.:)

If enjoying what you do is wrong....then umm...I don't want to be right :)

Seriously though, Tony sent SipGate an official letter just under a week ago to the SipGate directors and has yet to receive a reply.

In my personal (and i'm not a lawyer) opinion these comments from SipGate do seem libelous, however we will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for an official response from them.

Tony 06-21-2007 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To all Voxalot users that use sipgate:

We are very aware that sipgate are blocking voxalot and have sought to resolve the issue directly with sipgate.

Last week I sent an email off to SIP Gate support asking for the contact details of their Managing Director, Thilo Salmon, in order to, inquire directly with him as to why sipgate was blocking voxalot. In response to this note I received an email from Thilo himself asking us to prove what we are doing, is I quote "not undertaking dubious business practices"

Needless to say, I was not the least bit amused by this response from Thilo and told him so in a letter that I wrote providing them with details about voxalot and our business practices clearly outlining that we are a serious business. This letter was sent out a week ago, last Wednesday the 13th of June. We have yet to receive an official response from Thilo.

I have attached the letter here for the community to read - I have deleted a paragraph from the letter that described our security tools and processes for reasons of security.

As always we will continue to make every effort to work with providers, however if they choose to block voxalot for their own business reasons, I am afraid there is not much we can do. We have good relationships with many providers and I can safely say that there are plenty of alternatives to choose from (see http://www.voxalot.com/action/globalProviderList).

I am sorry if this blockage has caused major issues for the community.

Thank you for your continued support.

Tony.

mgoebel 06-21-2007 12:36 PM

Hopefully this letter changes something

This is a great letter. Hopefully it changes something.

But I guess they are fed up with only serving as inbound number to Voxalot accounts. Who does outbound calls over Sipgate?

For that people use Betamax, especially since now you can use your Sipgate number as Betamax' Caller-ID in many cases.