Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
aLbEcO

aLbEcO is on a distinguished road
Default Other SIP networks

How does one call the voxalot number with another SIP enabled software, such as FWD or GizmoProject? Or... is it even possible? Would like to be able to do such. Thanks in advance.
aLbEcO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

You can do this via www.sipbroker.com. VoXaLot has been allocated SIP-Code *010.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
aLbEcO

Default Figured It out for ONE of my SIP accounts.

I tried that and get a message about my router using NAT translation and the call wouldn't go thru. As long as I got ONE SIP account (see below) that can do 2 way communications, I am fine...)

I have a Grandstream HT-386 with the second line set up on voxalot (The first is an 800 number call in / out).

Ok, figured out how to call to FWD and from FWD. In the FWD call box, use sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com (voxalot 6 digit number) and to call FWD from voxalot, use *393xxxxxx (xxxxxx being your FWD number)... Still want to get 2 way for gizmo project set up, but not quite there yet. Hope this might help someone else.

Last edited by aLbEcO; 03-23-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Unread 03-23-2006, 02:30 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLbEcO
I tried that and get a message about my router using NAT translation and the call wouldn't go thru. As long as I got ONE SIP account (see below) that can do 2 way communications, I am fine...)
Were both of your test accounts/phones behind the same router (which is a very common occurance when trying to test things yourself)?

If so, that might explain things, as doing a VoIP to VoIP call from being the same NAT router often have problems because they have the SAME internet address.

NOTE: Yes, I know that makes testing things yourself a PITA. The easiest way around this, is to test with a friend (i.e. you try calling a friend via SIP Broker, and visa versa). Because calling yourself via SIP Broker (or any other VoIP service) often runs into the problem of both phones being behind the same router (and therefore not connecting properly)...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 03:46 AM   #5
aLbEcO

Default That might be it...

Thanks. Yes, both are behind the same router. FWD behind the same router works, but Gizmo Project doesn't. Funny how things work (or don't work). I don't have anyone to help me test these things right now.

The exact problem when using Gizmo, when and if it does work, is the phone hooked to the Grandstream rings but no audio. No audio back the other way, either. To or from Gizmo. Or sometimes, there is such a racket one way it is unintelligible (sounds like music or a commercial LOL) and none the other.