Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
jrvela

jrvela is on a distinguished road
Default New Premium Features

Read the press release on Nov 5 about new features. Does anybody know when will the new features become available? I have a Premium account and I did no see any changes. I am very interested in trying these features.
jrvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvela View Post
Read the press release on Nov 5 about new features. Does anybody know when will the new features become available? I have a Premium account and I did no see any changes. I am very interested in trying these features.
Curious could you point me to what you read.... I haven't seen the release on Nov 5

Edit: Oh ok, Commercial Launch of VoxPremium

You'll notice the Nov 5 date, is when the article was posted on the site, the release itself is dated Oct. 30,2007 and summarizes some of the new features that have been thrown in since June....

What you should see new in your account:
-You can now Forward calls based on provider
-Check and listen to VM on the web
-Use TollFree and WebCallBack to call SIP URIs as well as numbers
-Export your Dial Plans from one VoX Account to the other
-Use Mobile WebCallback to call both predefined numbers and numbers that were not prevoiusly defined

(All I can think of for now that's new....)

Last edited by emoci; 11-09-2007 at 02:21 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
jrvela

It sounded like Voxalot was going to offer DID and the Call Connections rules would be more powerful to build hunts. Maybe I was too optimistic.

- Access to DID (Direct Inward Dial) PSTN phone numbers: Members can assign one or more of these to their Internet telephone numbers, enabling them to receive incoming calls from any PSTN phone as well as VoIP phones.

- Voxalot Call Connection Rules: subscriber can create Call Connection Rules to route incoming calls to any PSTN, mobile or VoIP number based on time of day and caller.
Unread 11-09-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvela View Post
It sounded like Voxalot was going to offer DID and the Call Connections rules would be more powerful to build hunts. Maybe I was too optimistic.

- Access to DID (Direct Inward Dial) PSTN phone numbers: Members can assign one or more of these to their Internet telephone numbers, enabling them to receive incoming calls from any PSTN phone as well as VoIP phones.

You can currently assign DID numbers from multiple different providers, to ring VoXalot by either pointing the DID to VoXalot or registering it within VoXalot

- Voxalot Call Connection Rules: subscriber can create Call Connection Rules to route incoming calls to any PSTN, mobile or VoIP number based on time of day and caller or based on provider where the call is coming in.

This is all possible right now, the only thing that's missing from the "full fledged call hunting" is setting a conditional rule of the sort "ring line 1 for 30 sec, then if no answer try line 2 etc."
You may have read a bit more into it, but what's described is already available, that Call Hunting feature is missing ....still.....for now

That said, if you have something in mind that you're trying to accomplish, feel free to post, someone may be able to make some useful suggestions and you may find that surprisingly it can be accomplished with VoXalot as it stands...

In any case, we all wish the VoXalot team would go a "Feature Spree:", but it takes time to put this things together, it seems.......

Last edited by emoci; 11-09-2007 at 03:15 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
jrvela

Yes. I read too much into it. Given the recent date on the news release I thought they were announcing new and enhanced features. Not what has been working since the summer. I do have my wish list, but it is nothing new that has not been discussed on the forum. Here is my humble wish list:

1- Full blown call handling so that I can build a custom hunts
2- Able to login to my Voxalot with a phone call and transfer a call using my dial plan.
3- Fix the DTMF issue. I have another post related to this.
4- Support for IAX trunking. This way if items 1 and 2 are not viable, I can implement them with Asterisk. SIP trunking currently work, but is shaky behind NAT. IAX would be better.

There is a lot of things that I like about Voxalot and satisfied with the service. But these features would make me happier.