Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 03-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #21
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymhee_bcex View Post
Do you guys have any update on this?
Sorry, we have no contacts within the betamax group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymhee_bcex View Post
Apparently, these features are wired to go through the main server, which is still failing...
Web callback is wired to go through your "preferred server" on the member details page.

Call forwarding executes on whatever proxy your ATA is registered against.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 03-14-2007, 04:41 AM   #22
amgra

amgra is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down VoIPBuster problem

I live in USA and my family in Mexico, thay have been using voxalot and voipbuster for 1 year at least, but since 7 days ago, thay are not able to dial out via Voxalot Dial plan, apparently there is a problem here as everybody have mentioned. The wired thing is our calls Voxalot-voxalot works just great as always, When I dial out via dial plan-Voxalot, I have no problems, I have a Sipura, but when my family try to dial out they get the busy tone, it was working ok but something happened, they have a cheap ATA I bought for them so I can deduct it is some issue with the device itself. Even the WebCall does not work. Awkward, I hope a solution comes soon.
Unread 03-14-2007, 04:54 AM   #23
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgra View Post
Awkward, I hope a solution comes soon.
As I mentioned many times in this thread. One of the 4 VoXaLot servers gets the following response from voipbuster when a call is initiated:

Got SIP response 500 "Internal server error" back from 80.239.235.201

This is a response from voipbuster and not something WE can fix.

Unread 03-14-2007, 10:05 AM   #24
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

In any case, Betamax companies are not fully compatible with other SIP systems in all circumstances, like incoming peering calls.

I don't think we can tell yet if this is their policy or just a glitch in their systems, which seem to have one or two others at the moment

It does seem odd that this affects Voxalot servers differently though, and maybe with varying results from different places. I don't know anything about how these systems work, but is there some kind of polling or handshaking time allowance, so ping times might affect it?

Last edited by andy; 03-14-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #25
trottm

trottm is on a distinguished road

eu server now blocked. I hope someone at Betamax is reading this. I never did understand your business model but have been happily paying for the service ever since you first started. You are just upsetting otherwise happy customers. First blocking Pbxes.com and now Voxalot. I will now dump you in favour of a more expensive company as I have to pay either way. If you don't let me use decent aggregators like Voxalot I have to run an Asterisk server or buy more expensive hardware. At least I don't have to put up with your non-customer oriented attitude!
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #26
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottm View Post
eu server now blocked.
Error message on EU server for voipbuster call is:

Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com" back from 80.239.235.201

US Server 1 got:

Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com" back from 194.120.0.202

Last edited by martin; 03-14-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Unread 03-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #27
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Error message on EU server for voipbuster call is:

Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com" back from 80.239.235.201

US Server 1 got:

Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com" back from 194.120.0.202
Unfortunately that does tend to make it look deliberate.

I read somewhere a while ago that there were callshop abuse issues with pbxes and Betamax last summer, which possibly caused pbxes to withdraw its free callback service, and this and other abuse presumably also lead to Betamax 300 minutes a week fair use policies.

It will be a pity if their policy when they find different usernames using one IP address (IP address issue highlighted in recent T&C) cannot be refined to separate out genuine ordinary users from cheating b@stard callshop abusers.

On the other hand, I'd imagine the real abusers would have a bit of agility with their IP addresses

Last edited by andy; 03-14-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 03-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #28
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I wonder how complicated it would be for Voxalot to provide static IPs on their own network blocks (or new specific blocks) so that premium clients can have 'their own' IP address for their VSP registrations.... and what the cost would be. This could significantly lessen the 'flooding' risks that FWD for one has caused some grief as well as provide a range of alternative IP addresses that are not blocked by the likes of betamax.
Unread 03-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #29
andy

To clarify my last remarks, I have no idea if there actually is any abuse, and I imagine it's quite possible that Betamax do not either, just that some automatic reporting in their systems has identified commonly-used IP addresses.

Someone enquired of VB the other day about what happens if they have two usernames, do they get 2 lots of up to 300 minutes a week - the reply was that it is 300 minutes per IP address, not username

... which is presumably only just starting to be enforced on Voxalot, despite this IP address condition dating from a few months back

People with a Voipbuster account might log in to their forum and keep an eye on a couple of recent threads

Last edited by andy; 03-14-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #30
martin

We are happy to address any issues the Betamax group might have with the VoXaLot service.

In the mean time, please do not email or PM us on this subject as there is unfortunately very little we can do.

If you would like to have you voices heard, I would suggest posting them over at the voipbuster forum:

https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11210

Thanks

Closed Thread