Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
smbh

smbh is on a distinguished road
Default VoIP in Norway that work well with Voxalot

The title says it all. I recently moved to Norway from UK and signed up with a local VoIP provider (Nextgentel), only to find out that their VoIP plans are "closed" to the end user, that is, they provider some custom box to connect your analogue phone to and do not provide any technical details whatsoever (no SIP proxy address, no username/login etc).

So I'm will be looking for a new provider, that will hopefully be more open, and preferably work well with Voxalot. I realize that it might be slightly off-topic , but I thought it would be the best forum to ask for such information. So if anyone have any information - please share
smbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

Someone suggested the following to me;

www.vyke.com

I have never used them, and have no idea if they work with voxalot.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road

There are many voip companies in Norway, where about in Norway do you live ?

I can provide you with a good deal, for 159 kr a month you can call unlimited calls to house phones in Norway and Uk + many more like :

Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Irland, Italia, Island, Kanariøyene, Kina, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, Nederland, Polen, Portugal, Spania, United Kingdom, Sveits, Sverige, Tyskland, USA, Vatikanstaten, Østerrike, Norway

Send me privat message for more details.

Last edited by shezad; 03-23-2007 at 09:24 PM.
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Vyke is 4 cents per call for most of those destinations, so it would be difficult to reach 159 Kr a month.

I have a Vyke account I haven't used much yet - only their 2 cent sms on a free $1 trial so far - but will try it with Voxalot in the next couple of days. It's one I've got hopes for if Betamax don't get their act together about Voxalot, and their mobile rates are fairly good.

Of course, you're not actually restricted to Norwegian companies and could choose anywhere
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
clundestad

clundestad is on a distinguished road

Of course, with Vyke you do not get a dial-in number.

If you need a Norwegian number, I believe that TeleVoIP (www.televoip.no) is the only Norwegian provider that offers a pre-paid service where you can use your own equipment and therefore VoXaLot. However, they have been taken over by a company that has had a lot of customer complaints. Still, this has not affected the VoIP service, so this is a very cheap alternative if you do not call a lot.

Another good alternative which I am using, is IPLink (www.iplink.no). They offer free calls to most of Europe, America and Australia. There is "no monthly fee", except that you will be billed a minimum of 89 NOK per month.

Last edited by affinity; 03-24-2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Fixed URL.
clundestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #6
smbh

smbh is on a distinguished road

Shezad - I am currently located in Bergen. I also need a dial-in number, forgot to mention it. Anyway, I am currently considering my options, I'll switch in 2 months or so, when my current contract runs out. Thanks for the suggestions folks.
smbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
Jess

Jess is on a distinguished road

I use both TeleVoiP and Vyke, set up in a dial-plan with VoXaLot. TeleVoip provides dial-in numbers starting with 56- in the Bergen region (50,- NOK) - you may also bring with you your 55-Nextgentel number for like 150,- NOK.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote