Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #41
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

Another request:

When you edit your dial plan you can change the priority dynamicly. EG: you want to change your dial plan so a new item is priority 2, everything 2 and dowm automaticly 'makes room' for your new priority 2 item.
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #42
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba
When you edit your dial plan you can change the priority dynamicly. EG: you want to change your dial plan so a new item is priority 2, everything 2 and dowm automaticly 'makes room' for your new priority 2 item.
The ability to reorganize and move entries around has been discussed and is planned for a future enhancement.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #43
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

That takes me back to learning BASIC [beginners all purpose symbolic instruction code] on a Tandy TRS-80 microcomputer...

I've found that dial plan numbering can cover a huge range, so the trick is to have gaps built-in; the old BASIC code:
10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
20 GOTO 10

15 PRINT "- HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

New code:
10 ...
15 ...
20 ...

So, if you leave gaps, then you can always add entries between them.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #44
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity
That takes me back to learning BASIC [beginners all purpose symbolic instruction code] on a Tandy TRS-80 microcomputer...

I've found that dial plan numbering can cover a huge range, so the trick is to have gaps built-in; the old BASIC code:
10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
20 GOTO 10

15 PRINT "- HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

New code:
10 ...
15 ...
20 ...

So, if you leave gaps, then you can always add entries between them.
Simple ideas are often so easy
Solves my problem completely. Thanks.
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #45
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

A better option would be to have no numbering, like QBASIC today.... and have a facility to move the rules up/down as required.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #46
alfredwesterveld

alfredwesterveld is on a distinguished road

I can't get Voipbuster to work. I can't receive incoming calls even when i enable checkbox register.

Grtz,
Alfred Westerveld
alfredwesterveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #47
hisybr

hisybr is on a distinguished road
Default Block "dual registration"

Hi,

Have just set up and still getting some kinks worked out. Took a while to figure everything out. The concepts are all quite elegantly simple in a way, but like many 'simple' paradigm shifts, they are a bit mind boggling. Great work guys!

I am reasonably tech saavy, as is my father, who turned me on to VOIP. We've been running with SipPhone for about a year, making lots of calls to the US mostly. My dad has been going even longer, first with Vonage and later SipPhone and now GizmoProject. The tutorials seem to be reasonably well written, but it was still hard for the two of us to work things out. If the concept is to cater to techies, may be OK, but if there is an intention to spread to the masses, something probably needs to be done to simplify the website documentation -- an "idiot's guide" version...

Seem to have my system running OK, except AstraTel giving me intermittent problems. Could be them; new service. Sometimes get "cannot dial that number messages". Today my wife got disconnected repeatedly after a few minutes of a call. As it works sometimes and not others, I assume my settings are OK and it is on their end. Going to do more tests this weekend with my dad. Haven't been able to get web call to work with AstraTel so far. Both lines ring, but no sound either way. Will try other providers this weekend.

Suggestion: Would be good to publish a list of VMP that are compatible with VoXaLot (maybe a bit of promotion of them, a links page, would encourage them to seek compatibility).

My "dual registration" title comes from my dad's experience. He wasn't getting any calls after setting up. I changed my ATA to voxalot.com.au, but he was reluctant to change settings. I finally figured out what he had done. He listed all of his providers on VoXaLot and set them to Sip registered. So, he had one of his numbers registered through both VoXaLot and his ATA. Hadn't set up any forwarding. VoXaLot was intercepting his calls, but couldn't pass them on (got VoXaLot voicemail).

Suggestion: VoXaLot should look to see if a provider is registered elsewhere and should warn user before saving settings or advise by email if dual registration is detected.

Sorry for the long-windedness. The whole concept you've established is absolutely brilliant!

Brian
hisybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #48
reader

reader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisybr
something probably needs to be done to simplify the website documentation -- an "idiot's guide" version...
I have to thank the writer of the following page -
http://voip.wikispaces.com/VoXaLot
Combined with the voxalot tutorial page it is well on the way to being an idiots guide. It enabled this idiot to get up and running!
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:17 AM   #49
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJReplay
If I change my registration to voxalot.com.au (and my voice mail server to $USER@voxalot.com.au - but of course this isn't necessary to test this - rather this is required for MWI & VWMI if calls ever got through to VM in the first place), then after 12 seconds, the phones connected to the FXS port (Line 1) stop ringing for a moment, but start ringing again.
Hi BJ,

What happens if you register with voxalot.com.au and point your voicemail server to voxalot.com?

FYI, all voicemail is handled by voxalot.com even if you are registered with voxalot.com.au

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:29 AM   #50
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

@reader,

Are you still having the registration / calling problems you mentioned in this thread?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote