Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
ruprecht

ruprecht is on a distinguished road
Default No sound when dialing out

Hi all,

I've just signed up to voxalot and have run into a problem which I can resolve. Basically, I got to the point where I can make a call to another phone, it rings and the person on the other line can answer it and hear me. But I can't here anything. I don't even get a ringing tone.

I've tried the 600 test number but that doesn't work either.

I've set everything to the same codec but can't think of anything else to try. I'm using the voxalot.com.au server and Astratel as my provider (Astratel works fine if I don't go through voxalot). I'm using iinet's 4 port wireless voip router.

I had a look around but couldn't find any post relating to my problem. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

thanks.
ruprecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Audio problems, especially one-way audio problems, are frequently the result of Network Address Translation (NAT) problems with your router. The easiest way to confirm this is to briefly bypass your router by connecting your ATA directly to your modem.

Many ATA's have support for NAT traversal. In the case of a PAP2, for example, you must enable NAT Mapping and NAT Keep Alive on the Line tabs. On the SIP tab, you need to manually enter your public IP address or use a STUN server to have it determined automatically. You also need to enable Substitue VIA address.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote