Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > ENUM.164 > e164.org Support

e164.org Support Support forum for the e164.org ENUM directory

Unread 07-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen
Default limit of 5 numbers?

I posted this in the forum at e164.org on the 23rd without a response. So that is why I am resposting here... limit of 5 numbers?

Is donation mandatory for over5numbers? it seems it will not let me register a new one.

Also if i register a toll free number will it no longer go through the tollfreegateway service? I was just wondering since it seems there is some wildcard fpr all toll free calls.

thank you

kieranmullen
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
kieranmullen

Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

I would like to register additional numbers for my non technical family members

kieranmullen
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

My guess would be a donation is required. According to the FAQ:
Quote:
You may be asked to donate if you are trying to: * Validate a PSTN number that is expensive for us to call. * Have registered 5 PSTN numbers.
I would send an email to them to clarify.
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
kieranmullen

Doy! I just donated $10. I dont think I will ever get the proper usage out of it through since many dont use enum. Perhaps until the system gets bigger it should be based on a usage based model based on the number of lookups on your record? .. Then someone could run up the bill :-( Hmm Dont know.

How are you getting benefits out of using enum? I am using sipbroker so I am able to use ENUM there.

Sorry for not reading the FAQ's . Perhaps that is why I didnt get a response. They didnt want to bother?
Unread 08-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
mberlant

mberlant is on a distinguished road

Kieran,

I am feeling the same joy/frustration/confusion as you are. I have dutifully registered my 5 most important POTS numbers and have configured Asterisk to automatically and transparently attempt an ENUM connection whenever someone dials a call. To date, I have yet to unexpectedly bump into an outbound call diverted via ENUM. I did, however, once receive an inbound ENUM call, but it was a wrong number.

I'm betting that if enough of us configure for ENUM we will eventually build the critical mass necessary for it to become useful. As of now, the only calls that regularly go out via ENUM are to North American toll free numbers.

Cheers
mberlant is offline   Reply With Quote