Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #61
stufried

stufried is on a distinguished road

I don't think that simply flipping servers will will be anything more than a very temporary fix. They are looking for connections from the same ip address for multiple users and honing in on that.

I'm a pbxes user. I'm thinking of either migrating back to an Asterisks box or just buying all my dids. I started using pbxes because I travel alot and that way I didn't have to depend on other people to do my support.

I think the big problem with these services is that they regard our ability to create our own rate plans (e.g. picking the best rate here, there, etc) as a form of cheating. They are assuming cut the most popular rates to the bone, people will also use them (out of laziness) for the more expensive routes. With Asterisks or hosted services, most of us are building our own least call routing system.s
stufried is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #62
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Condor View Post
The last time I checked Sipgate did not work with PBXes either.
hallo el_condor!
not only that sipgate.at works with pbxes.com: I configured one "output-trunc" with voipbuster.com, connect my siemens sip phone to pbxes.com and ... - it works (*without fup*).
i tested calls between voxalot.com and pbxes.com - all works ok.

i wil test this configuration this evening again and next 2-3 days to be shure that all works - but *without garantie* - my incoming number sipgate.at via voxalot.com has working 1/2 year - and now ....

regards
fla
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #63
flaquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stufried View Post
I don't think that simply flipping servers will will be anything more than a very temporary fix. They are looking for connections from the same ip address for multiple users and honing in on that.

I'm a pbxes user. I'm thinking of either migrating back to an Asterisks box or just buying all my dids. I started using pbxes because I travel alot and that way I didn't have to depend on other people to do my support.

I think the big problem with these services is that they regard our ability to create our own rate plans (e.g. picking the best rate here, there, etc) as a form of cheating. They are assuming cut the most popular rates to the bone, people will also use them (out of laziness) for the more expensive routes. With Asterisks or hosted services, most of us are building our own least call routing system.s
hallo stufried!
i agree with you: it is "temporary fix".
but now it works as i need:
1) free austrian incoming numbers via pbxes.com
2) and i build my least call route using "dial plan" via voxalot.

stufried, thank you very much for this usefull comment!

regards
fla
Unread 05-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #64
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I have not read the whole tread, but if not suggested yet you can try this workaround:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-solution.html
wilsonhlacerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #65
flaquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda View Post
I have not read the whole tread, but if not suggested yet you can try this workaround:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-solution.html
thank you very much wilsonhlacerada!

this "workaround" is working perfectly for me to! i have not found your description yesterday - but now is everything "so symple"!

i would like to say that:
1) my sipgate.at incomming number provider are (still) connected to pbxes.com
2) the redirection from pbxes.com to "sip/myvoxnumber@eu.voxalot.com" is still ringing my siemens sip phone connected to my voxalot account.
3) the "sipcall.at 0720" austrian voip number is (still) registred to voxalot.com and is ringing my x-lite soft phone connected to second voxalot account.

i tested the connection from sip phone to fix line and mobile line (t-mobile.at and telering.at)
and
from fix line and mobile line to sip phone (voxalot/pbxes)
and
from sip phone to x-lite and vice versa.

all (still) working ok - configuration started yesterday evening.
sound quality is very well to. no echo at all.
my isp is chello.at (4mbit down/ 512k up).
incomming austrian number: sipgate.at and sipcall.at.
for outgoing call i am using voipbuster.com and voipcheap.com.
connected to eu.voxalot.com.

i will report the (eventualy) problems with this configuration.

regards
fla

Last edited by flaquadrat; 05-24-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #66

987990 is on a distinguished road

Well since Sipgate are surely reading this I am offering odds on how long this fix will last. Any takers for a spread bet on number of days to next PBX shutdown by our European friends?

But let's consider the whole Voip value chain. Everyone has to make money somewhere. We are almost in danger of seeing Sipgate as the bad guys here. Yet they have offered a superb service for nothing if you have the ability to spend endless hours configuring Voxalot type services. It can come as no surprise that they are finally trying to squeeze the offenders like myself who quite legitimately only utilise their free offerings.

But where does this leave Voxalot? What a superb service to integrate all the free bits of different services. Unfortunately, our old friend the free market says it was only worth slightly less than what it could save you. Well with all the freebies barring it, the premium service has just taken a huge dump in value. A quick trawl around today shows that actually there are some pretty good deals around for a real service with paying numbers that might just last more than 5 minutes. Meanwhile if I added up all the labour cost of trying to wangle a constantly free phone service last year it probably cost me about $15000.

But what the heck once you've started....keep going. So only a week of hard graft and I have a modded a Linksys WRT54 with a 1Gb smart card and DD-WRT and load Asterisk onto it! Works a treat, anyone else want to buy one? At a rate of one a week the cost will only be at least ten times what a single decent service will cost you.

Plus of course this is the World of Voip and some nutter will be along tomorrow with another freebie to keep us going for another 6 months until his venture capital runs out. Long live the internet and 'free' speech...especially over the phone!
987990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:08 AM   #67
flaquadrat

very, very good 987990!!!!
your comments are perfect.

[quote]...Meanwhile if I added up all the labour cost of trying to wangle a constantly free phone service last year it probably cost me about $15000.[/QOUTE]

my first toy was linux. now i am playing with voip (enum, asterisk, pbx, etc.).
...and i like to play with all this very (for me) complex and interesting systems.

again: thank you very much 987990!

regards
fla
Unread 05-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #68
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquadrat View Post
hallo el_condor!
not only that sipgate.at works with pbxes.com: I configured one "output-trunc" with voipbuster.com, connect my siemens sip phone to pbxes.com and ... - it works (*without fup*).

So, congratulations that the Austrian Sipgate, sipgate.at, doesn't block PBXes. The Germans at sipgate.de, where I have my inbound numbers from, do block it. So your workaround doesn't work for me. I will re-check this tomorrow. Today at least it did not work.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #69
flaquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 987990 View Post
Well since Sipgate are surely reading this I am offering odds on how long this fix will last. Any takers for a spread bet on number of days to next PBX shutdown by our European friends?
hallo el_condor!
yes austrian sipgate is (still) working - but how long will work???

regards
fla

Last edited by flaquadrat; 05-25-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Unread 05-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #70
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default Correction

Correction:

Now German Sipgate works with PBXes. Yet for 5 minutes I see myself "online with PBXes" in my Sipgate account.
(But this is a Voxalot forum and I don't know if Martin likes that much mentioning of his competitor here. )

But still the fact remains that Sipgate is causing us much work. I have implemented what you explained. Thanks to you and Wilson!
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote