Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #41
Corbu'

Corbu' is on a distinguished road

The problem must be somewhere on the us server. If I connect to eu. all calls through Voxalot are OK, I get incoming audio. As soon as I connect via us. server I can't hear nothing. For outgoing calls I use a Nokia E51 SIP phone and I haven't had a problem until now after I changed the SIP profile from eu. to us. server due to a little bit of latency. I guess it's back to .eu server again.

Last edited by Corbu'; 06-02-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Corbu' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #42
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbu' View Post
The problem must be somewhere on the us server.
You are correct. proxy02.us1.voxalot.com is slightly pooched. Specifically, in instances when it should give it's own IP address to the calling SIP agent (the IP address for the audio path), it instead gives your public IP address.

There are actually two US servers.
proxy01.us1.voxalot.com = 64.34.163.35
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com = us.voxalot.com = 64.34.173.199

Just use proxy01.us1.voxalot.com instead of us.voxalot.com and audio should be fine. Of course you won't be able to use DNS SRV when choosing a specific server. If you want Voxalot to carry the audio packets I think you also need to have set "Symmetric NAT Handling" = yes, and when your SIP device registers it needs to use it's LAN IP address (not the public IP address) inside the SIP packets.

Last edited by boatman; 06-03-2009 at 02:05 AM.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #43
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Boatman,

I am interested in getting to the bottom of the problem you mention re: proxy02.us1.voxalot.com

I have re-compiled the rtpproxy and would like to know if it is still producing the same results?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #44
boatman

Today all four proxies are supplying the correct "Connection Information" IP address (RTP address). Below are results from my tests done on 2009-06-02 and 2009-06-08 (today).
Code:
                         2009-06-02     2009-06-08
     SERVER              RTP address    RTP address
proxy01.us1.voxalot.com  64.34.163.35   64.34.163.35
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com  my_public_ip   64.34.173.199
proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com  85.17.19.194   85.17.19.194
proxy01.au1.voxalot.com  202.60.88.238  202.60.88.238
I don't have a symmetric NAT router available for testing, but I suspect that a user receiving a call behind a symmetric NAT router will not hear audio if his SIP device is configured with the usual NAT settings. This is because the SIP device configured with NAT settings will learn its public IP address during the registration process and will use its public IP address in the "Contact" line. The Voxalot proxy, on seeing the correct public IP address in the "Contact" line, will disable its RTP proxy function for that call and give the callee's public IP address to the caller in "Connection Information". If this is in fact what happens, users behind symmetric NAT can avoid the problem by configuring their devices as if for use on a public IP address. Specifically, set "NAT Mapping Enable:" = no. Because this is counter-intuitive many users may need to be told how to handle symmetric NAT.

Last edited by boatman; 06-08-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #45
doctorh

doctorh is on a distinguished road
Default same problem again

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
us.voxalot.com load balances between 2 proxies. It is possible that one of these proxies had an RTP proxy problem (which would explain your 50% success/failure rate). As mentioned in another thread I have restarted all RTP proxies.

As such, could you please set your ATA back to us.voxalot.com and let me know if your problem still exists?

Thanks
Mr. Martin

It looks like this is happening again, exact same problem.
Can you do your magic on the US servers?

Thanks,
The Doc
doctorh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #46
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem. Have switched to au.voxalot.com and two way comms are restored. Currently cannot use eu.voxalot.com because of FUP exceeded charges by voipcheap. Cannot use us.voxalot.com because of one way communication. There fore using au.voxalot.com. Looking forward to the fix for both problems so that I can go back to the eu server.
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #47
boatman

Today I tested the five proxies for Contact Address. Here are the results.

proxy01.us1.voxalot.com - ok
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com - User's public IP address given for RTP connection.
proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com - ok
proxy02.eu1.voxalot.com - ok
proxy01.au1.voxalot.com - ok

Some of you may think you are behind symmetric NAT but in fact are not, maybe you just never correctly set your ATA's NAT settings. If you are not really behind symmetric NAT then you can avoid this problem by correcting the NAT settings in your ATA or SIP phone. If you really are behind symmetric NAT try this workaround:

Instead of us.voxalot.com use proxy01.us1.voxalot.com (when you do this set 'Use DNS SRV:' = no).

----------

About the FUP problem; only one or two of the five proxies are affected.

Instead of eu.voxalot.com use proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com (when you do this set 'Use DNS SRV:' = no).

I am not sure if one or both of the US proxies are on Betamax's whitelist. In case of FUP problem with US proxy don't use us.voxalot.com, instead try both proxy01.us1.voxalot.com and proxy02.us1.voxalot.com.
Unread 08-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
doctorh

doctorh is on a distinguished road
Default us proxy restarted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Today I tested the five proxies for Contact Address. Here are the results.

proxy01.us1.voxalot.com - ok
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com - User's public IP address given for RTP connection.
proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com - ok
proxy02.eu1.voxalot.com - ok
proxy01.au1.voxalot.com - ok

Some of you may think you are behind symmetric NAT but in fact are not, maybe you just never correctly set your ATA's NAT settings. If you are not really behind symmetric NAT then you can avoid this problem by correcting the NAT settings in your ATA or SIP phone. If you really are behind symmetric NAT try this workaround:

Instead of us.voxalot.com use proxy01.us1.voxalot.com (when you do this set 'Use DNS SRV:' = no).

----------

About the FUP problem; only one or two of the five proxies are affected.

Instead of eu.voxalot.com use proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com (when you do this set 'Use DNS SRV:' = no).

I am not sure if one or both of the US proxies are on Betamax's whitelist. In case of FUP problem with US proxy don't use us.voxalot.com, instead try both proxy01.us1.voxalot.com and proxy02.us1.voxalot.com.

Martin,

Have you had the chance to restart the servers?
The problem is still happening, driving my and my called parties quite confused.

Can you confirm whether "proxy01.us1.voxalot.com" will not change in the future and this workaround can be used?

Thanks,
The Doc
doctorh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #49
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorh View Post
Martin, Have you had the chance to restart the servers?
It's not quite that easy. Last time Martin had to re-compile the rtpproxy. That may take the server down for some time. Why don't you try my suggestions which I made here for Cyberian75. If you have control of your router then a better long term solution would be to get rid of the symmetric NAT, maybe even replace the router so that you can have direct end to end RTP connection, as most Voxalot users already enjoy.
Unread 08-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #50
vxvl

vxvl is on a distinguished road

I started having the same problem about a week and a half ago with one-way audio, calling Voxalot to Voxalot using au.voxalot.com. Everything was fine before that time for well over a year. I can hear the called party but they can't hear me. When I use other VSPs the calls work perfectly.
vxvl is offline   Reply With Quote