Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Even though I put a tick in the 'dial immediately' field, it takes me to the login page where I have to enter my number and password before the call will proceed. It would be good if this step could be by-passed.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
majo

majo is on a distinguished road
Default login with remember me checked!!!!!!!!

Hi ozimarco,
Did you tried login with 'Remember me' checked. I login 'Remember me' checked and whenever i come back to voxalot site I am logged in. Then it will be bypassed as you think of it. May be for this functionality to work you have to enable 'Cookies' for voxalot site.

Regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #13
ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by majo View Post
Hi ozimarco,
Did you tried login with 'Remember me' checked.
The problem is that I have 2 Voxalot accounts and Firefox does not know which one I want to log in to. It's probably my fault for asking FF to remember the password for both accounts. I'll have another look and see if I can undo one of these so that it'll log in automatically.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mark
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:34 PM   #14
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco View Post
Even though I put a tick in the 'dial immediately' field, it takes me to the login page where I have to enter my number and password before the call will proceed. It would be good if this step could be by-passed.
As Majo suggested, this is because you haven't logged in. My original design for VoxFox made you enter your userid and password into the configuration popup so that I could make sure you are logged on, but then I started to think about the security implications of a) storing your voxalot password in your firefox preferences where any firefox extension can read them, and b) ensuring that the userid/password was transmitted securely over the network.

In the end, I erred on the side of caution and decided that it was safer to rely on either the user having ticked remember me, or manually having to log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco
The problem is that I have 2 Voxalot accounts and Firefox does not know which one I want to log in to. It's probably my fault for asking FF to remember the password for both accounts. I'll have another look and see if I can undo one of these so that it'll log in automatically.
I am not sure how firefox handles the case you specify (I don't normally use the firefox password manager), but I do know that if you tick the Remember Me checkbox in Voxalot, it will just replace the existing cookie (if present). So, Voxalot only remembers the last userid that you ticked the Remember Me checkbox.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #15
ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
I am not sure how firefox handles the case you specify (I don't normally use the firefox password manager), but I do know that if you tick the Remember Me checkbox in Voxalot, it will just replace the existing cookie (if present). So, Voxalot only remembers the last userid that you ticked the Remember Me checkbox.
Thanks, Craig, that works OK now.
Unread 08-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #16
serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg is on a distinguished road

Hello all!

I have tied to break the Firefox extension and failed miserably so far!

As Voxalot is an Australian product, I thought I would try to dial some Australian numbers.

Using
yellow.com.au - Keyword Search
the onscreen listing always includes (0x) then the phone number.

If I highlight, right click, select "Call via Voxalot" the brackets get stripped out but not the leading zero

Fortunately, if I uncheck "Dial Immediately" when the web callback page appears I can highlight the stray zero tap in 61 for Australia and the call goes through
serendipitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #17
majo

majo is on a distinguished road
Default Option to set default counttry code

Hi VoxFox Support,
It would be nice, if voxfox can do

1) defualt country could be specified & added if number does not contain country code. I use 00. pattern in my smart plans, but normaly pages has (localcode) + number.

2) should strip out non numeric characters. e.g (089) 1234 345-0 should convert to 08912343450

3) context menu should give option to dial as national 0xxxxxx or international 00xxxxxxxx.

Best Regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #18
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

I vote for the small pop-up window on this one!
As someone said, pop-ups are OK if I choose to open them. Annoying when they just pop up unexpectedly.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #19
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitydawg View Post
Using
yellow.com.au - Keyword Search
the onscreen listing always includes (0x) then the phone number.

If I highlight, right click, select "Call via Voxalot" the brackets get stripped out but not the leading zero
Thanks for the feedback. You raise an interesting problem... for Australian numbers, if you include the area code (eg. 02), then the leading zero must be present. For example, when dialling locally, 0294811111 is valid, 94811111 is valid, but 294811111 is not.

The leading zero only gets deleted when international diallers call into Australia using our country code (eg. 61294811111).

So, for Australia users of VoxFox, I don't really want to strip the leading zero. But for international ones, I do. Hmmm...

Anyway, though, I think that some of Majo's suggestions above may help solve this dilemma.

--
Craig
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #20
craig

Quote:
1) defualt country could be specified & added if number does not contain country code. I use 00. pattern in my smart plans, but normaly pages has (localcode) + number.

3) context menu should give option to dial as national 0xxxxxx or international 00xxxxxxxx.
Both excellent ideas... see my next post for how I might implement this.

Quote:
2) should strip out non numeric characters. e.g (089) 1234 345-0 should convert to 08912343450
It should already do this. Does it not?

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Craig