Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba
I don't know if it is possible but can we have multiple extensions register to one account.

Those of us with a spa2000 (or other) can then use both lines incomming so when an incomming call comes in both phones ring and if one is busy then the other phone will still ring.
Multiple VoXaLot SIP registrations are permitted and appear to work exactly as you (and I) hope they would.

I've had both channels of a PAP2 registered to the same VoXaLot number for some time. Incoming calls alternately ring both extensions. The first one picked up gets the call. As far as I can tell, the two extensions can be used in any combination for incoming and outgoing calls.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #12
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Multiple VoXaLot SIP registrations are permitted and appear to work exactly as you (and I) hope they would.

I've had both channels of a PAP2 registered to the same VoXaLot number for some time. Incoming calls alternately ring both extensions. The first one picked up gets the call. As far as I can tell, the two extensions can be used in any combination for incoming and outgoing calls.

Ron
Thanks Ron, I didn't know that and that is good information to know!

I would like to report to Martin that three-way calling thru Voxalot is still completely broke and doesn't work.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #13
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor
I would like to report to Martin that three-way calling thru Voxalot is still completely broke and doesn't work.
Three-way calling works fine for me. It has since the beginning and I just checked to make sure it still does. Martin may have to correct me here, but I believe three-way calling has more to do with the ATA than it does with VoXaLot. Also, for three-way calling, if you're using the same provider for both legs, that provider would have to support two simultaneous outbound calls.

Ron
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #14
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

My three-way calling problem uses the same provider--Voxee--for both legs of the call (the provider permits two simultaneous outbound calls), and when my ATA is registered to Voxalot, the second channel call will experience a long pause after the dial string is sent and then eventually a fast busy. When my ATA is registered directly with the provider, three-way calling works fine and absolutely normally. Changing the provider in my Voxalot dial plan from Voxee to Teliax doesn't help, Teliax can't complete the second leg of the call either when done through Voxalot. By itself it can do three-way calling just fine. I am perfectly willing to entertain speculation that it is the way my ATA (a Sipura) is configured that is creating a conflict with Voxalot, but I tend to see it as more of a Voxalot bug since I would never even have known I had a 'three-way call' problem if I never had used Voxalot.

I'd be happy to send you Ron, or Martin, a copy of my Sipura admin voip settings so you can help troubleshoot. Just let me know by private message.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #15
BBD

BBD is on a distinguished road

how do you use three-way using voxalot/voip? my provider allows multiple outgoing calls and i have a SPA3000
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 04:18 AM   #16
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
how do you use three-way using voxalot/voip? my provider allows multiple outgoing calls and i have a SPA3000
While talking to the first party, press the FLASH button on your phone. The first party will be placed on hold and you will get a new dialtone (often slightly different from the normal one). Place your call to the second party. Once they answer, press the FLASH button again and all three of you should be connected.

Ron
Unread 06-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #17
BJReplay

BJReplay is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with forward to own number for voice mail.

I used to be able to have incoming PSTN calls handled by voxalot voice mail, but no longer can.

I can confirm that this still works with voxalot.com, but not with voxalot.com.au.

My Setup:
  • SPA-3000
  • Line 1 Registered to Voxalot.com.
  • Line 1 Voice Mail Server: $USER@voxalot.com
  • User 1 Cfwd No Answer Dest: $USER
  • User 1 Cfwd No Answer Delay: 12 (seconds).
  • PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: Yes

If I call my PSTN, the SPA-3000 rings Line 1 as a PSTN Ring Thru. After 12 seconds, Line 1 forwards the call to my voxalot account, and Voice Mail answers immediately. All Good.

If I change my registration to voxalot.com.au (and my voice mail server to $USER@voxalot.com.au - but of course this isn't necessary to test this - rather this is required for MWI & VWMI if calls ever got through to VM in the first place), then after 12 seconds, the phones connected to the FXS port (Line 1) stop ringing for a moment, but start ringing again.

I can swap back to Voxalot.com and voice mail answers.

Looks like voxalot.com.au doesn't detect that the call is being forwarded by the same account as the destination, and I guess that after the brief pause, the phone starts ringing because I get a SIP invite from voxalot. I can trace this if required to debug.

ciao

BJ
BJReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #18
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I can confirm this problem. CallerID is displayed properly on calls forwarded to VoXaLot (i.e sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com), but CallerID is lost on incoming calls via SIP registered providers.

Ron
I do get CallerID from my Sipgate DID, with Sipgate registered with Voxalot.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #19
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

As well as supporting the request for some sort of SIP registration status, I have a couple of other requests.

1. User definable Voicemail answer delay.
2. Call logs.

Many thanks.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #20
moollar

moollar is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions...

The only suggestions I can think of at the moment are the ones I mentioned in regards to voicemail here: http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=204

I would probably have more, but I have the flu at the moment and can't quite think straight.
moollar is offline   Reply With Quote