Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
herman

herman is on a distinguished road
Default Account renewal reminder

OK I have received my reminder for a renewal. I was on Vox Premium, which now appears to have been superseded by Vox Extreme. However I don't get the option to downgrade to Vox Pro (which is all I need). That is unless I am missing something.

Does it really take a call to support to do this, or do I just need to wait until the current subscription expires and then upgrade? I could do without the break in service on SIP registrations if poss.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 01:46 AM   #2

441516 is on a distinguished road

I also received a reminder stating that it could end in a week if not renewed. My querry is that mine was a basic account with one voip service provider and about 5 weeks ago upgraded for more service providers ( I think about 5) but its coming to an end so soon.....
Should I have not upgraded about 5 weeks ago?
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Similar problem. I have paid $15 for one VSP on VoxLite. I would like to take the opportunity to move to 5 VSPs (VoxPro) @ $25 on renewal in a day or so but the only option I am given on the site is a $15 renewal plus a $15 upgrade. Seems a tad unfair. . .

Any ideas Martin?
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Click on the link : "Click here to compare features" on the renewal page : Voxalot
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #5

441516 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the link but I was not looking for it and it does not answer our querries. The fact is I only upgraded about 5 weks ago and epiring in a week.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
OK I have received my reminder for a renewal. I was on Vox Premium, which now appears to have been superseded by Vox Extreme. However I don't get the option to downgrade to Vox Pro (which is all I need). That is unless I am missing something.

Does it really take a call to support to do this, or do I just need to wait until the current subscription expires and then upgrade? I could do without the break in service on SIP registrations if poss.
If you renew with the same product, your existing subscription gets extended. However, if you wish to change products (in your specific case), you have to manually purchase the different product.

Be aware that if you purchase the VoxPro product seperately, it will overlap with your current subscription... so, you have 2 choices: a) waiting until your initial one expires and then buying the new one, or b) buy it now and you will have a few days were you technically have two subscriptions active.

Hope that make sense.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 441516 View Post
I also received a reminder stating that it could end in a week if not renewed. My querry is that mine was a basic account with one voip service provider and about 5 weeks ago upgraded for more service providers ( I think about 5) but its coming to an end so soon.....
Should I have not upgraded about 5 weeks ago?
Your VoxUpgrade has its own 12 month subscription, so if you just renew your VoxBasic subscription, your VoxUpgrade should just work automatically with the new basic subscription.

--
Craig
Unread 07-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
Similar problem. I have paid $15 for one VSP on VoxLite. I would like to take the opportunity to move to 5 VSPs (VoxPro) @ $25 on renewal in a day or so but the only option I am given on the site is a $15 renewal plus a $15 upgrade
Unfortunately, you are probably in the same boat as Herman above. Hopefully the solution I offered to him makes sense for you too.

--
Craig
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
herman

herman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input Craig. It is much appreciated.

However, from what I understand, there is no way of downgrading and keeping the same Voxalot id? I have tried to do as you say, but a new account is created for me.

I think it's going to be best on just letting the subscription go to basic subscription first and then upgrade unless I am misunderstanding something here.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
However, from what I understand, there is no way of downgrading and keeping the same Voxalot id? I have tried to do as you say, but a new account is created for me.
You don't need to create a new account. As I mentioned, you can do 1 of 2 things (neither of these from the Renewals page):

1. Wait for the current subscription on your existing account to expire, and then just purchase a new VoxPro subscription
--or--
2. Purchase a new VoxPro subscription using your exsting account. This will become effective immediately (ie. you will have your existing subscription and the new subscription both active for a few days) - which you won't even notice as the system will handle that automatically for you.

Up to you... in both cases, though, because you are changing your subscription type, it isn't handled as a "renewal". Likewise in both cases, you should be able to do it with your existing account.

--
Craig