Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough
Default Global Provider Index

To all Voxalot members:

Today we are announcing the launch of a Global Provider Index (GPI).

The objective behind creating a GPI is to provide the community with a mechanism to share their experience with Voice Service Providers (VSPs) they have used. In the future we will provide an import function where the details such as SIP settings, SIP port and codecs will be auto imported when adding a provider to your account.

The GPI will allow the community to add a VSP, edit details, add comments and rate the VSPs. VSPs can be rated on Value, Quality, Features and Support. The system then calculates an Overall total rating. The ratings are based on a five star system with values of: Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, and Excellent.

The GPI can be searched by name and filtered by country. The index can also be sorted by the various ratings. For example, a new user to Voxalot who is seeking a VSP in Italy should be able to filter the list by Italy and then sort by the rating that is most important to them, be it Quality, Value, Features, Support or all of the above by sorting on the Overall rating.

We hope you find this new service useful. Please continue to provide us with feedback in the forums on how we can further improve the service.

The GPI can be found on:

VoXaLot - Global VoIP Provider Index

Regards,

The Voxalot Team.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default How does the Global Provider Index work?

I just made me review of Voipstunt and left a comment, but it does not appear. What have I done wrong?

I really like the idea of the Global Provider Index and I hope to see soon a good provider from Peru.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Condor View Post
I just made me review of Voipstunt and left a comment, but it does not appear. What have I done wrong?

I really like the idea of the Global Provider Index and I hope to see soon a good provider from Peru.
Due to the sensitive nature of the data, any edits to provider details and comments are moderated.

Ratings however are realtime.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

How are you going to deal with the same providers being used in different countries? For example, VoipDiscount already appears in the Aussie section but is actually a German provider (Betamax). On the same note, someone searching for a UK provider would want to know about VoipCheap but wouldn't necessarily find it if only listed in the Germany section. Are multiple listings allowed?
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
How are you going to deal with the same providers being used in different countries? For example, VoipDiscount already appears in the Aussie section but is actually a German provider (Betamax). On the same note, someone searching for a UK provider would want to know about VoipCheap but wouldn't necessarily find it if only listed in the Germany section. Are multiple listings allowed?
But anyone might apply to any provider in the world. I set up a Brazilian account, and some people here were looking at a Portuguese one.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
Your right VoIP providers can be used in any country however most of them do have a country where they are based.

We don't really want providers listed multiple times for each country so we ask people to use their better judgment.

Likewise settings like "SIP Proxy" may also have more than one setting. As these settings will later be used by members adding Voxalot providers, we ask people to enter generic settings where they can.

Unread 04-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
martin

Hi all,

Please take the time to add and/or rank providers within the GPI or add your comments as it will really help the community.

VoXaLot - Global VoIP Provider Index

Thanks.

Unread 04-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
martin

We just fixed a few minor problems relating to IE. Thanks for the feedback so far.

Unread 04-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #9
Thomas Clausen

Thomas Clausen is on a distinguished road

I love the idea of sharing this kind of information.

Is there any way that people could show this on their site (a script or something). I would love to show the development in the Danish providers.

Then I (and all others that would use it) could advertise this fantastic database, and you could get more ratings (and members )

Thomas
Thomas Clausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #10
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Hi Thomas,

Not sure what you would like to show on the site, can you be more specific?

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote