Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-02-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Murphanth

Murphanth is on a distinguished road
Default I can make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls

When i first set it up i could receive incoming calls but for some reason i can no longer. The support guy from Engin put in his voxalot account details and it worked fine but when he put my account details back in it didnt work again.
Murphanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:00 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphanth View Post
When i first set it up i could receive incoming calls but for some reason i can no longer. The support guy from Engin put in his voxalot account details and it worked fine but when he put my account details back in it didnt work again.
Do you have Engin registered in VoXalot, or is Engin forwarding to your VoXalot SIP URI?

What happens during an Incoming Call?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
Murphanth

Hi emoci

I dont know. The Engin guy set it up for me. How do i find out?

During an incoming call the phone does not ring and the caller hears an engaged/dead sound.

Sorry for my ignorance - i know very little about how these things work.
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

I can see that your Voxalot account is successfully against Engin, however, the problem is that your ATA is not currently registered with Voxalot.

So, any calls to your Engin number (or your Voxalot number) have nowhere to be sent to. Can you recheck your ATA to make sure that it is registering successfully to Voxalot?

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #5
Murphanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
I can see that your Voxalot account is successfully against Engin, however, the problem is that your ATA is not currently registered with Voxalot.

So, any calls to your Engin number (or your Voxalot number) have nowhere to be sent to. Can you recheck your ATA to make sure that it is registering successfully to Voxalot?

--
Craig
I have just 'ticked' the Use SIP Outbound Proxy box and the phone will now accept incoming calls but the original problem has returned - it rings twice and then goes dead. Any idea why?
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:56 AM   #6
Murphanth

if i answer the phone within those two rings it works fine, but if i let it ring it goes dead after two rings.
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

What ATA are you using to register with VoXalot....

See if the setup instructions here help to check if all your settings are as should be Hardware Configuration Settings - Voxalot FAQ

Also, is your VoXalot VoiceMail enabled (this can be checked when you login into the VoXalot website)....I'd suggest disabling VM for now until we deal with the incoming problem first.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:18 AM   #8
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

OK, good to see that now that your ATA is successfully registered with voxalot that you can receive calls.

The fact that it rings a couple of times and then cuts out is nearly always a voicemail setting. As Emoci suggested, it is usually best to turn off voicemail while you're doing diagnostics.

In any case, I took the liberty of checking your voicemail settings, and noticed that the timeout has been set to 5 seconds. If you go to the voicemail page and set it to 30 seconds, does that help?

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #9
Murphanth

I changed the voicemail ringing duration to 30 seconds and now the phone continues to ring so that solves the problem. Thanks guys! although i would have thought that when the voicemail was switched off the phone would continue to ring beyond the 5 seconds set in the ringing duration. That's ok though, i can just change the ringing duration back to 5 sec each time i turn the voicemail on.

One other question - i want to record a message for callers to hear when they ring. How do it do this?
Unread 04-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #10

130166 is on a distinguished road

Maybe it is in Tutorial Voicemail.
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote