Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-21-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
Connect2Talk

Connect2Talk is on a distinguished road
Default Calls to Voipbuster through Voxalot - blocked? Exceeding VBs FUP.

Hi Guys,

I've had clients (using Voipbuster in their Voxalot DPs) complain that, when they try to dial a local/national/international number, they were being charged by Voipbuster pursuant to exceeding Voipbuster's FUP.

I have investigated the problem and have found that if the client places a call through Voxalot (forwarded to Voipbuster) then the call is charged pursuant to their FUP.

However, if they bypass Voxalot and dial direct (to a FREE destination) then the call is not charged but goes through as a normal VP call (i.e. no charge).

I have tried this myself and can confirm it is the case. Are calls from Voxalot being blocked by Voipbuster? Please help.

Ralph
Connect2Talk Systems
Connect2Talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Ralph,

This was a problem about a 9 months ago. But was resolved. We have not heard of this problem from any one else since we started passing the device IP address to Voipbuster and confirmed with voipbuster that this was adequate for them to administer their FUP.

Nothing has changed on our end since that time. If the problem is cropping up again it can be that Voipbuster has changed their policy again.

All we can do is wait and see if whether any other voxalot customers that are using Voipbuster are having the same issue.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
rwinckler

rwinckler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connect2Talk View Post
Hi Guys,

I've had clients (using Voipbuster in their Voxalot DPs) complain that, when they try to dial a local/national/international number, they were being charged by Voipbuster pursuant to exceeding Voipbuster's FUP.

I have investigated the problem and have found that if the client places a call through Voxalot (forwarded to Voipbuster) then the call is charged pursuant to their FUP.

Ralph
Connect2Talk Systems

I have the same problem(sorry for my english)
If I make a call with pbxes it will be charged
I think all asterisk will be charged
If I take the voxalot callback its free

Rainer
rwinckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
loraolo

loraolo is on a distinguished road

Yes,

I confirm that since some days my VoipCheap connection via VoxAlot registered account has been marked as 'FUP Exceeded'.
Ciao
Paolo
loraolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
vijaynz

vijaynz is on a distinguished road
Default internetcall & webcalldirect

I have account with above betamax provider and call through voxalot (FUP exceeded) message come out in statement. so be careful when calling.
vijaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:29 AM   #6
Connect2Talk

Connect2Talk is on a distinguished road
Default 2 more clients added to FUP list

Hi Guys,

We have had 2 more clients have return their ATAs as they both being charged for exceeding voipbuster's FUP. Unfortunately we have no option but to reconfigure to reg through VB direct.

Is there anything we can do to stop VB charging when receiving forwards from your IP?

Ralph

Thank you for your assistance and support, it is always appreciated.
Connect2Talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:21 AM   #7
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Not sure why this is happening. But to be clear we do not pass our IP addresses on to VB but the device IP from where the call is being originated.

Again as mentioned nothing has changed on our end and possibly VB has changed their policy.

I suggest you get in touch with VB directly and make inquiries as well with them while we continue to investigate on our end and explore with them whether their policy has changed.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote