Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
andrechile

andrechile is on a distinguished road
Default Siemens Gigaset trouble

Hi guys, sorry to bother you. Am sure it is an obvious error that I am making but cannot find it. Can anyone of you please take a look at these settings and tell me where I am wrong. The Gigaset Handset tells me registration failed: (please see attachement)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gigaset.jpg (50.5 KB, 52 views)
andrechile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

If this device is behind NAT with a private IP address, it would be advisable to set up the STUN server feature.
Set STUN server enbled to "Yes" and try stun.voxalot.com or stun.xten.com as the STUN server.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
andrechile

kurun, thanks a lot for your help. I have set it like you said but it makes no difference. This is getting strange now... It says registered if i look in to the settings of the base station (via browser) but if i dial *500 or *600 it says no IP connection *i can use voxalot with my n95 fine*

Last edited by andrechile; 08-14-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: more details
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
andrechile

Cool

update
incoming calls work... (just received one)
outgoing calls still show the message no IPconnection
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
andrechile

Thanks for all your help guys... Not sure I might just be a little bit to dumb. Seems it has nothing at all to do with voxalot but with the configurations for dialing plans at Siemens. I have only one sip provider configured (voxalot) but for what ever reason it seems that i must also enter a dialing plan. The only issue now is that there is not a simple dialing plan like there is with voxalot eg number starts with.... i am still figuring out and thanking for your help.
Unread 08-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

did you also leave the dialplan settings off ? it should not make any difference when you dial a 0 or any number at the start with the Siemens.... you're doing your dialplan at Voxalot ! i guess now you must make your calls in international dialing format ?
At the start of configuring the Siemens, you have to give up your dialing locating, because it looks at these numbers when you are calling another location, that's different than your own, better configure the Siemens all over again....
You should answer the option: Predial area code for local calls through VoIP: with No at the Dialplans tab.

btw. at Domain: you should have: voxalot.com not eu.voxalot.com

Last edited by TheFug; 08-15-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: addition
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
andrechile

Talking

Thanks The Fug,

thought I would post what the culprit was. Quite annoying.
I intended to route all calls through voxalot so I only set up the voxalot account. But in the position number 2. There are 10 spaces for service providers to enter. Position number 1 I had wrongly entered a provider so I disabled number 1 (disabling to me meant it is disabled).

However Gigaset tried to route the calls through Voip Service Provider number 1 even though this one was disabled.

Now I have configured Voxalot as number 1 and I dont need any more dial plans locally. I use the Voxalot dial planes which rock...

Thanks again and best regards
Andre
Unread 08-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
TheFug

Something like that, is also an issue with the Fritz!box, with this kind of devices, you have to get used how things must be set up, While most online configurations, are almost the same as the Asterisk syntax, what has become a general standard, and because of that, helps people to help each other.
You're using Voxalot for the FUP issues ?
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
andrechile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFug View Post
You're using Voxalot for the FUP issues ?
Hey TheFug, no I am using Voxalot because I first used Sip with my N95 using voxalot. I want to keep it because the great thing is that when I am out of my house / country I can use sip from my mobile (with wifi internet) I did not yet have any FUP issues with betamax yet.

I am a heavy user so I do have to pay for calls after my 300 minutes are over but this is fair I believe. Keeping my fingers crossed that I do not run in to any baaad issues with them... (like I hear from many others..)
Unread 08-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
TheFug

Then you're good at Voxalot, because Voxalot is the only provider i know of, that has an agreement with the betamax providers, and since you need it "on the move"..... but did you make good phone calls already via open "hotspots" ? because i noticed, that there are some critical issues in the connection user/endpoint > Voxalot a. connecting it self, b. the FUP
Did you also check your calls, which you've made via other locations ?

btw. which ADSL modem are you using ? (brand/type name)

Last edited by TheFug; 08-19-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: research :)