Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot Account suddenly stopped accepting DID calls

Hello

I have been using DIDWW for over a year and successfully receiving calls via my DID number to my Voxalot extension, until about 1 week ago. (Co-incidently while I was travelling and needed it)

Now, whenever someone calls my DIDWW number (which forwards to my Voxalot extension), i just hear a clicking sound and the call is disconnected.

To troubleshoot, I forwarded the DIDWW number to my Dad's Voxalot extension and everything works fine. This therefore confirms that the problem doesn't seem to be on the DIDWW end.

Can anyone at Voxalot look at the logs for my extension and see what seems to be happening? I can PM my extension if/when asked.

Thanks in advance

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
richard

Default Premium Account Support Question

Hi Moderators

This is a support questions specific to my account.

Am I posting it to the right place? I've not been able to receive incoming calls in over a week and would like to get it working again soon on my Voxalot extension.

Thanks

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Hello

I have been using DIDWW for over a year and successfully receiving calls via my DID number to my Voxalot extension, until about 1 week ago. (Co-incidently while I was travelling and needed it)

Now, whenever someone calls my DIDWW number (which forwards to my Voxalot extension), i just hear a clicking sound and the call is disconnected.

To troubleshoot, I forwarded the DIDWW number to my Dad's Voxalot extension and everything works fine. This therefore confirms that the problem doesn't seem to be on the DIDWW end.

Can anyone at Voxalot look at the logs for my extension and see what seems to be happening? I can PM my extension if/when asked.

Thanks in advance

Richard
Unread 07-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

This user had a similar problem (also with DIDWW) http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...d-voxalot.html

In that case he found that opening a range of ports and forwaridng them to the ATA's IP resolved the issue...http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post17706

See if it helps...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
richard

Emoci

I don't understand why it would suddenly stop working when there was no such port forwarding existing before.

I use multiple phones (softphone, Hardphones, etc.) so this would be a lot of port forwarding and their IPs would be changed from time to time.

Can someone figure out why this sudden change has taken place.

Also, what if I open a new Voxalot account, how do I get my premium account status transfered to it?

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
This user had a similar problem (also with DIDWW) http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...d-voxalot.html

In that case he found that opening a range of ports and forwaridng them to the ATA's IP resolved the issue...http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post17706

See if it helps...
Unread 07-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
richard

Hi Martin/EMOCI or Voxalot Support

I created a new Voxalot Account (Extension) and forwarded my DIDWW number to this new extension. Everything works perfectly. The SIP phones ring, I can answer them or if I don't answer, it goes to Voicemail.

When my DID is associated with my old Voxalot extension, I just hear a clicking sound and the call never goes through.

As the new Voxalot extension works, but the old one doesn't, how do I transfer over my Premium account to the new extension. Preferably I would like the old extension fixed, but I don't know how to have this done.

Thanks in advance

Richard
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
richard

I just confirmed that ALL INCOMING calls to my Voxalot extension are failing in the same way.

So its not just calls via DIDWW, but also calls from another Voxalot extension and via SipBroker. They continue to fail (does not go to voicemail) even when I shut off all my SIP devices and am completely unregistered.

When I register my new test extension with my sip devices, everything works fine.

Richard
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
richard

With the help of EMOCI and Kurun, the issue has been resolved.