Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
Jorge Torres

Jorge Torres is on a distinguished road
Default Incoming calls forwarded automatically to my mailbox

Since this week, all incoming calls from my service providers are routed directly to the Voice Mail. Strange thing is that, if I call my number via sipbroker, the call enters correctly to my SIP adapter.

Also, I knos that my Service Provider is registered correctly as 1) I can make outbound calls, and 2) Inbound calls get forwarded right away to the Voice Mail. Again, this does not happen when dialing the number via *031.

Is there something wrong with my account?

Jorge
Jorge Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Torres View Post
Since this week, all incoming calls from my service providers are routed directly to the Voice Mail. Strange thing is that, if I call my number via sipbroker, the call enters correctly to my SIP adapter.

Also, I knos that my Service Provider is registered correctly as 1) I can make outbound calls, and 2) Inbound calls get forwarded right away to the Voice Mail. Again, this does not happen when dialing the number via *031.

Is there something wrong with my account?

Jorge
Have you tried to do a reboot on the ATA...?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Jorge Torres

Yes, of course, several times.

I have noticed that if I disable the Voice Mail (which timout is set to 40 seconds), then the calls get in. The moment I will re-enable the Voice Mail, the calls from my SIP account will default there. But again, NOT if I call using the *010 or *031 and my number.
Unread 10-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Torres View Post
Yes, of course, several times.

I have noticed that if I disable the Voice Mail (which timout is set to 40 seconds), then the calls get in. The moment I will re-enable the Voice Mail, the calls from my SIP account will default there. But again, NOT if I call using the *010 or *031 and my number.
Hmm... odd, especially if it wasn't happening before...

Since you mention providers with incoming calls, I am assuming you have a premium acct.

Under Call Connection/Call Forwarding rules in VoXalot, setup a rule based on provider for each of your registered incoming providers, with the end destination being 'Your VoXalot Number'

I've attached a screenshot of what my setup looks like to give you an idea of what I am talking about...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cfwd.jpg (18.8 KB, 24 views)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
Jorge Torres

Thanks for the tip.... But this does not work.

I must say that since 6 or 7 months ago, this has been extremly unreliable (before it was just very unreliable). 50 to 70% of the time my incoming numbers will either:

- Don't work at all (drop completly the connection when dialed)
- Sent to the voicemail
- In some cases, it will actually enter correctly.

Right now, it does not work. I normally have an ATA connected to the phones, and the ATA has 2 accounts: 1 directly to one of my service providers, 1 to voxalot. The non-voxalot account works very well, but voxalot only sometimes (like 30-40% of the time).

To check my rules, I connected from my computer to voxalot (via a X-Lite) and dialed my voxalot number, and the other line of X-Lite did correctly signal that there was an incoming call (so, right now, my rules work correctly).

Then I change the account (X-Lite) to another provided and tried to call one of the incoming numbers, I got immediately the voicemail.

Then I tried calling the account which is doirectly connected to my ATA, and that works fine, so the networking/wiring/etc is fine.

I have the impression that voxalot cannot deal very well with my dynamic IP addressing, as when I did have a static IP address, the service was much more reliable.

I also tried now, re-registering (via voxalot page) all my providers, even changing my Cluster from US to EU, but it still forwards to my voicemail.

I cannot right now reset my ATA, as I am on a trip, but I know is working fine, as the other registered account works perfectly.

The only other thing that I can think I can try is to swap the accounts on my ATA, but I had already changed Voxalot from one ATA to anotherone since I started this thread, without that much of a luck.

Regards,

Jorge