Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
hayim

hayim is on a distinguished road
Default Calls go direct to voicemail - pls help!

Hi,
I apologise if this turns out to be a total no brainer, but we're having this issue whereby after a missed call rings out and gets directed to voicemail, all subsequent calls seem to go to voicemail without ringing. I guess, but aren;t certain, that this is 'reset' once you pick up your phone / make a call.

Now this would seem to be a useful feature, if it worked reliably. However, it seems to be pretty flakey, diverting to voicemail whenever it feels like it.

Any ideas why / how to turn this feature off / settings that can be changed?

We have a SPA-2000 registered to Voxalot, which then registers MyNetFone (australian sp). The voice mail that kicks in is the Voxalot one.

Thanks!!
hayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayim View Post
after a missed call rings out and gets directed to voicemail, all subsequent calls seem to go to voicemail without ringing.
Are you sure the problem is triggered by the missed call, it's not happening coincidentally for another reason?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
hayim

honestly it could be just a general flakiness of voxalot and mynetfone.

the little feature whereby it decides youre not home when you miss a call and then no linger rings (call it "adaptive voicemail"..) may simply be coincidental, as you suggest.

??
Unread 07-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
boatman

The problem could be on your end. How often does your public IP address change? Are you depending on NAT_keep_alive packets to maintain an open NAT session to your ATA? If so what settings do you have for the following?

NAT Keep Alive Intvl:
NAT Mapping Enable:
NAT Keep Alive Enable:
NAT Keep Alive Msg:
NAT Keep Alive Dest:
Register Expires:
Unread 07-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
hayim

hi again boatman, thanks for your help.

my settings are as follows, though i wouldnt know about whether im relying on keepalive or not!

NAT Settings
NAT Mapping Enable: no
NAT Keep Alive Msg: $NOTIFY
NAT Keep Alive Enable: no
NAT Keep Alive Dest: $PROXY

i reduced my register expires recently from 900 to 360 in the hope it would help, but im not sure it has. the sap2000 is behind a linksys router, with port 5060 forwarded to it.

Thanks!
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
boatman

You should check your public IP address from day to day. Make sure it's not changing frequently, because that could interfere with call reception.

Is your router using any exotic firmware such as DD-WRT?

Quote:
my settings are as follows, though i wouldn't know about whether im relying on keepalive or not!
Looks like you are not.

Quote:
the spa2000 is behind a linksys router, with port 5060 forwarded to it.
As that doesn't seem to be working, it's time to try something else. Turn off the port forwarding in the router and try the following settings:

(under SIP tab)
Handle_VIA_received: yes
Handle_VIA_rport: yes
Insert_VIA_received: yes
Insert_VIA_rport: yes
Substitute_VIA_Addr: yes
Send_Resp_To_Src_Port: yes
STUN_Enable: yes
STUN_Test_Enable: yes
STUN_Server: stun.voxalot.com:3478 (or any STUN server such as 'stun01.sipphone.com:3478' or 'stun.sipgate.net:10000')
NAT_Keep_Alive_Intvl: 179

(under Line_1 (and Line_2 if used) tabs)
NAT_Mapping_Enable: yes
NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable: yes
NAT_Keep_Alive_Msg: (this setting should be blank)
NAT_Keep_Alive_Dest: $PROXY
Register Expires: 3600

Let me know what happens, there are more options available if the problem persists.
Unread 07-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
hayim

hi boatman,

thanks for sticking with me. i havent checked back here for a bit, but i have done some more testing.

it seems as though i have some kind of issue between MyNetFone and voxalot. Some scenarios:

1 - I have been able to get through to my telephone (ie thru the router to the ATA) via SIPbroker gateways and calling Voxalot directly, while at the same time NOT being able to reach my ATA via my MyNetFone DID.

2 - I have managed to reach mynetfone voicemail via the DID, but the calls not pass through to voxalot.

3 - I have had a stange situations where certain landlines have got stuck at Voxalot (diverted to voicemail), but at the same time my vodafone mobile went through all the way to my ATA.

My problems here seem inconsistent, and maybe i should redesign the whole setup from scratch.

I guess i should also search for issues between MNF and voxalot - voxalot says it's registered, but it's much too flakey.

Thanks!