Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Spectral

Spectral is on a distinguished road
Default ATA Constantly Registering

I have several issues/questions...

1. I have a Linksys SPA2100 and on the status screen it has a "Next Registration In:" value, which never stays above 1s. It drops down to 0, re-registers, and then goes back to 1. I have the "register expires" setting at 600, so why would the unit keep re-registering every second?

2. Should call waiting be working? When I'm on a call, any incoming calls go straight to voicemail.

3. My phone has a light on it which flashes while it's ringing when connected to a PTSN line. It's useful when I turn the ringer off and still want to know when a call is coming in. When connecting the phone to the SPA2100, the phone still rings, but the light stays off. Does the ATA not have enough power to drive both the ringer and the light?
Spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
1. I have a Linksys SPA2100 and on the status screen it has a "Next Registration In:" value, which never stays above 1s. It drops down to 0, re-registers, and then goes back to 1. I have the "register expires" setting at 600, so why would the unit keep re-registering every second?
I use an SPA2100 and have had the 1 second registration issue when I was experimenting with using alternate ports of the Voxalot proxy. If you set the ATA to use the standard port 5060, then leave it off for a while, it might register normally. Also set
Register Expires: 3600
Reg Min Expires: 900
Reg Retry Intvl: 300

Quote:
2. Should call waiting be working? When I'm on a call, any incoming calls go straight to voicemail.
I can't say, maybe someone else knows.

Quote:
3. My phone has a light on it which flashes while it's ringing when connected to a PTSN line. It's useful when I turn the ringer off and still want to know when a call is coming in. When connecting the phone to the SPA2100, the phone still rings, but the light stays off. Does the ATA not have enough power to drive both the ringer and the light?
Ring voltage is one of a number of regional settings. If it is not set correctly then it's likely that other regional settings are also incorrectly set. See here for correct regional settings for Amercia, Europe, or Australia. The Ringing voltage range is 60–90 (V). The default is value 85.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #3
Spectral

Thanks! the "Reg Min Expires" setting was at fault - it was set to 1.

I do have my voltage/ring settings set correctly for my region, that's why it's frustrating. I hope someone out there might have ideas about the ring and call waiting.
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
boatman

Quote:
I have just performed a test, and my Voxalot account does in fact have call waiting. In addition to my Voxalot VoIP line, I have two other SIP phones here which I used to call my Voxalot phone line. Call waiting worked well, I was able to use the flash button to toggle between the two calls.

Are your incoming Voxalot calls directed to voxalot.com or one of the three regional proxies?

Does your ATA have "CW Setting" is set "yes"?
Unread 07-26-2008, 04:17 AM   #5
Spectral

I'm using us.voxalot.com, is that not right?

Under the "Supplementary Service Subscription" header, I have a "Call Waiting Serv" and "CWCID Serv" options, both set to "yes".

Could it be a server-side thing? Maybe basic subscriptions don't support call waiting?
Unread 07-26-2008, 05:07 AM   #6
boatman

Quote:
I have a "Call Waiting Serv" and "CWCID Serv" options, both set to "yes".
Looks good. Also check CW Setting under User_n tab. CW Setting = Call Waiting on/off for all calls.

We are supposed to use this address format "123456@voxalot.com" when entering the SIP forwarding address at places like ipkall.com.
Try it that way, maybe it will work. Also verify that your SPA2100 has the latest firmware version which is 3.3.9.

Last edited by boatman; 07-31-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Spectral

I have firmware version 3.3.12, an EarthLink firmware which appears to be newer than the official 3.3.9 from Linksys, even though it's not available for download on their site.

The unit used to be locked but I have the password for admin mode, and therefore full access. I don't know if any of that matters.

My "CW Setting" under User 1 is set to "yes".