Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
rdrock

rdrock is on a distinguished road
Default 2 numbers one line

Is it possible to have 2 incoming numbers going through 1 line? I have a 0844 switchboard facilty that forwards to one of my sipgate numbers via pbxes on line one. Is it possible to have a second sipgate number coming through on the same line via pbxes all managed by voxalot?

I've read somewhere that this is possible with mysipswitch but I would like to use voxalot at present.

Cheers
rdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrock View Post
Is it possible to have 2 incoming numbers going through 1 line? I have a 0844 switchboard facilty that forwards to one of my sipgate numbers via pbxes on line one. Is it possible to have a second sipgate number coming through on the same line via pbxes all managed by voxalot?

I've read somewhere that this is possible with mysipswitch but I would like to use voxalot at present.

Cheers
I am not quite sure of the intricacies of what you are trying to accomplish...but you should be able able to have multiple numbers ring the same VoXalot acct., if that is what's in question here

If you elaborate a bit more specifically (espeacially since you mention PBXes and SipGate, which means this will be a bit involved.....)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
rdrock

rdrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I am not quite sure of the intricacies of what you are trying to accomplish...but you should be able able to have multiple numbers ring the same VoXalot acct., if that is what's in question here

If you elaborate a bit more specifically (espeacially since you mention PBXes and SipGate, which means this will be a bit involved.....)
Hi,

What I'm trying to achieve is to gain a basic saving on having a second phone. I have two sipgate numbers, one for my home and the other for my home business. I was going to get a second phone for the business number, but wanted to know whether both numbers could be directed to the one line, ie line 1 on my ATA box. In terms of Pbxes, I use this for my incoming sipgate line and outgoing via voxalot, with voxalot managing the dial plans. It works well after a difficult start.

The beauty of this would be if possible, my 0844 switchboard number provides me with a whisper, namely, when I pick up a call it tells me that the call is for my business, so I can answer in my company name, as oppose to just saying hello as i would on a private call.

I hope this helps.
rdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

It should easily be maade to ring to VoXalot...

Here's the question, can the 0844 switcboard service deliver calls to a SIP URI (can you forward it to a SIP URI), or does it only work with a device/softphone registering with the SIP Details (or do you have a 0844 service that forwards to a regular PSTN number?)

At this point, this is all about incoming calls...

1. If you can deliver calls to a SIP URI than it's as simple as pointing to your VoXalot SIP URI

2. Otherwise you'll need a service to register with the number and then have it ring on VoXalot, in that case your choices are:

-VoXalot Premium starting at $15/year for 1 SIP Registration
-PBXes with a similar setup as you have for SipGate (but rememeber the free acct. is now limited to 2000 min/month or otherwise starting at $2.95/month)
-MySipSwitch can also be used to register with the service and deliver it to VoXalot
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote