Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-13-2006, 04:38 AM   #11
tompoe

tompoe is on a distinguished road
Default connected but no sound

Ron: Thanks. Just checked, and the echo test is working. I didn't remember to use the asterisk before the number.
tompoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 04:56 AM   #12
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompoe
Ron: Thanks. Just checked, and the echo test is working. I didn't remember to use the asterisk before the number.
It sure sounds like your end is working properly. Does Heather have the same success with these tests (500, 600, *393613) as you do? If so, it's hard to understand why you can't call each other's VoXaLot number. Make sure you don't have any Dial Plans or Call Forwarding set up at this point (you don't need them call each other's VoXaLot number).

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #13
tompoe

Ron: We're pretty sure each end is working, and now it's a matter of live testing. I'm sure the fact that I could call my daughter, and be redirected to her voice mail, but when she called me, even though we connected, there was no sound on either end, was significant. Maybe tomorrow, the testing will be different. And, since we're both just users, and not savvy about how computers really work, it's a steep learning curve. Hopefully, it's just something I did when I set the computers up.
Unread 08-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
tompoe

Ron, All: Thanks much for everything. We tried again, just now, and all is well. Best part is, my daughter's old cell phone cut off about four times, while we were fiddling (we call that Sprint's version of net neutrality, until they convince us otherwise). I don't remember what it was, but at one point, I do recall we discussed the protocol line (G711, GSM, etc) on the bottom of my display. She said she had all highlighted. On my end, only the G711 was highlighted, and the others were grey. I can't decide whether that makes a difference, or not. Does SIP use one or the other of them? Do you think it makes a difference?

I am tickled pink with what we've got, so far. There's a lot to learn, so I probably will be back.