Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-27-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
whitethunder

whitethunder is on a distinguished road
Default 2 quick questions....

well I am really new to this thing but 2 quetions for you guys

1) when someone is calling my phone or when I'm making outbound calls form my phone neither the caller nor me calling can hear anything until the other party picks up. The actual phones ring but you dont hear the ring in the earpiece you hear before the other party picks up, you just hear silence.

2)my DID number CALL id is not passed through to the phone getting the call, it says unknown caller

my hw is a unlocked pap2

thanks for any input
whitethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
whitethunder

wow nothing eh
Unread 10-30-2006, 02:26 AM   #3
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitethunder View Post
1) when someone is calling my phone or when I'm making outbound calls form my phone neither the caller nor me calling can hear anything until the other party picks up. The actual phones ring but you dont hear the ring in the earpiece you hear before the other party picks up, you just hear silence.
Are you making Voxalot to Voxalot calls, or calling somewhere else (if so, where)? Are you signed up with a VoIP provider (that you are using with Voxalot), or reaching one of the built-in destination that Voxalot supports (if so which one)? What hardware/software is being used on both ends of the call?

The problem with tracking down this sort of problem, is that depending upon where you are calling it is often either a problem with the remote VoIP/proxy you are calling (from Voxalot) and/or a problem with your local VoIP equipment not making the required "ring" sound locally. And since each such situation is unique in it's details, it can sometimes be a real PITA to track down where the true problem lies (and even when you do track down the problem, the company involved might not be interested in fixing the issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitethunder View Post
2)my DID number CALL id is not passed through to the phone getting the call, it says unknown caller

my hw is a unlocked pap2
As far as I know, the PAP2 has no ability to set "CallerID". Now, some providers will take your "Display Name" and consider it CallerID info. And others will let you set CallerID in their web site. But this is on a provider by provider basis, and many providers don't offer either feature.

And since Voxalot doesn't offer outbound telco calling, it also doesn't let you set CallerID. Now you can call through Voxalot to another VoIP provider, and from there make a normal telco call. But at that point, it isn't Voxalot that is limiting your CallerID options, it is the VoIP provider you are reaching from Voxalot...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
whitethunder

Thanks for the response, Im using voxee for my outgoing calls and les.net for my local DID. It must be a setting on my PAP2 for the no ringing sound because I call my DID with my cell or my friends cell and you dont hear any ringing, you only hear something when I pick up the voip line and say hello.

I am not sure les.net has an option on its site for the CID to be passed through but I wil go through some of the pages on that site in a bit. So I guess at this point im just wondering what option would disable the ringing sound from incoming and outgoing calls on the pap2?? other than that this setup seems to be pretty cool so far

thanks a bunch for any help
Unread 10-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
whitethunder

ok just checked the page of my DID some of the options are:

send ani prefix
send did prefix
send prefix ______
force did cli _______

rest are voicemail options, I dont have anything checked their as my voxalot VM seems to work fine...