Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
nicois

nicois is on a distinguished road
Default new-style voxalot forwarding

I really like the new call forwarding implementation. In particular, it means I can divert all calls to voicemail at certain times of the day. First, two small suggestions, neither of which are "must haves" IMO:
- allow the time-based criterion to also take into account the day of week. For incoming business calls, you'd want one set of rules for mon-fri, and probably different ones on the weekend (and public holidays)
- allow the start time > end time, which implies an overnight time range. At the moment you have to make one rule to 23:59, and another from 00:00. Apart from being a bit unwieldy, it also means that calls between 23:59 and 00:00 would get through.

What I *REALLY* would like is a "do not forward" rule. I have got "redirect to voicemail overnight" as rules 10 and 11, but would like to put some higher-priority rules which disable call forwarding (friends and family can call 24/7). The only possible way at the moment is to select 'URL' as a target and put in your ATA's URI - if it has one.

I've tried putting "sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com" as the target URI but that doesn't work.

Vox people please consider fixing this. A lot of the potential of this new call forwarding feature is unavailable until this rule is added.
nicois is offline   Reply With Quote