Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
alex

alex is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forwarding if Unavailable?

Hello,

is it possible to forward calls to some external number if unavailable (ie if there is no SIP device registered with VoXaLot or there is no reply after n seconds)?

It seems like this is only possible for voicemail and the forwarding options only allow forwarding based on incoming phone number and time of day...
alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Unfortunately, It is not currently possible, as VoXalot is not set up for it yet (Although there have been some promises that this will be looked into in further releases).

However you can arrange this on the ATA device you are using (the one you are registering VoXalot into).

Look for Call Forward No Answer and Call Forward Busy settings on your adapter (unless you have a PAP2, in which case I can probably be more specific on what you need to do)....

You may have better luck forwarding to a SIP URI from your ATA rather than a number.

Last edited by emoci; 08-05-2007 at 08:34 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
juancarlos

juancarlos is on a distinguished road

Bravo another one.... tony and Martin should do a poll about the most wanted features...

there are several ways of geeting around this

One is opening a 2 voxalot account (with the disadvantage of paying twice )and if your voip provider allows call forwarding after n seconds. Like my solution

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...ient-read.html

another solution

If you have an ATA with 2 ports. You can connect one port to voxalot and one port directly yo your service provider.

On an incomming call the port connected directly will ring about 3 times (you can still pick it up after teh 3rd ring) and the port connected to voxalot will send the call to the mobile.

If you pick the landline firstt the mobile will stop ringing.

tried on a Lynksys WRT54GP2

PS all calls from voxalot numbers will be forwarded, no matter how...but if you have a local Service provider such as SIP:number@myprovider.com then you can do the above.

Other friends using voxalot Intead of calling me as *031 + voxalot number I registered my number with ENUM so that it goes to SIP:number@myprovider.com and hence the forward works as I expected to....

A lot of trial and error needed....and costs, as voxalot and other provider are not free...

Last edited by juancarlos; 08-05-2007 at 07:18 PM.
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:14 AM   #4
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
One is opening a 2 voxalot account (with the disadvantage of paying twice )
Here's an idea.... how about allowing sub-accounts?

I, for instance, have two FreeCall numbers -- one is the main acount number and the other is a sub-account. I pay less for the sub-account per month.

My suggestion would be for a Voxalot main account being able to have sub-accounts with all accounts aggregating the 'SIP Register' count and no additional charges for a sub-account -- or a lesser cost sub-account version, just like FreeCall.

What do you guys think Tony / Martin / Craig?
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #5
juancarlos

juancarlos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
Here's an idea.... how about allowing sub-accounts?

I, for instance, have two FreeCall numbers -- one is the main acount number and the other is a sub-account. I pay less for the sub-account per month.

My suggestion would be for a Voxalot main account being able to have sub-accounts with all accounts aggregating the 'SIP Register' count and no additional charges for a sub-account -- or a lesser cost sub-account version, just like FreeCall.

What do you guys think Tony / Martin / Craig?
My guess would that, this feature would require great programming, and I am not sure would add a lot for some needs. Either a delay feature or a feature that would allow 2 numbers to be forwarded simultaneously would be fine

My problem with my 2 voxalot account setup is that after ringing 3 times at home my VSP forward the call to another voxalot account that in turn forward the call to my mobile. and all this takes so much time that the user just thinks no one is at home and hangs before I had the chance to answer. Simultanous calls will solve this. So I stick for now to a Linksys WRT54GP2 with 2 ports. One port connected directly to my VSP and another to voxalot. When someone call me home port 2 will ring (and port 1 will not ring as it is forwarded to mobile) this has the advantage that the forwardning is much quicker than using 2 voxalot accounts....the home phone will ring first and the mobile will ring after apporx 5 seconds or so after the landline had rang.

i can now have my VOIP/GSM phone with me and would not miss calls. The only problem that I have is that If I get a voxalot-voxalot call it goes directly to the forward (and I pay GSM prices), and that I paid twice to voxalot to test..hehehe
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote