Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-07-2011, 02:50 AM   #1

441516 is on a distinguished road
Default Betamax Delmont unfair FUP

For last three days all calls via voxalot have been subject to FUP. I have 87 days as free days. The odd one or two calls are free but most have been charged.

Last edited by 441516; 09-09-2011 at 03:49 AM.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
bridonca

bridonca is on a distinguished road

The fault rests solely on Betamax, and how they calculate the Fair Usage Policy. Betamax calculates the fair usage policy by IP address, not by account. So if there is a multiple amount of people using Betamax on Voxalot, those FUP minutes quickly evaporate when spead amongst multiple Voxalot users that have separate Betamax accounts as a Voxalot Voice Service Provider. That is a rather crooked way for Betamax to do it, but that is the way they do it.

Voxalot is not passing the real IP, because it that is not what it does. It passes it's own IP, because that is what the voice service provider is registered to. I cannot see why Voxalot should jump through substantial technical hoops to satisfy one substandard VOIP carrier. I would complain to Betamax, but their past solutions was just to block Voxalot.

Betamax has had a history of dodgy dealings. I would personally not deal with such a company.

As Voxalot is not getting any compensation for this so called arrangement, there was no actual agreement. This mess rests solely on Betamax.
bridonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
audebruin

audebruin is on a distinguished road
Default FUP exceeded on IP

I am using the Voxalot proxy servers, but all calls with Voipbuster are paid (FUP exceeded on IP).

VoIP Provider:
Betamax - Voipbuster.com (port 4060)

Connected using:
Sipura SPA-3000

Tested Voxalot Servers:
proxy01.us1.voxalot.com - FUP exceeded on IP
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com - FUP exceeded on IP
proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com - FUP exceeded on IP
proxy02.eu1.voxalot.com - Unable to make a call
proxy01.au1.voxalot.com - FUP exceeded on IP

I have the following questions:
1 - Is there are way to avoid the "FUP exceeded on IP" problem when i use Voxalot in combination with Voipbuster?
2 - And why is the Voxalot proxy server not setup as transparent?

Last edited by audebruin; 10-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.
audebruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
zoemcalister

zoemcalister is on a distinguished road
Default FastVoip instead of Betamax no more FUP exceed entries

Hi audebruin,

There was once an agreement between Voxalot and Betamax to "play nice".
So no more FUP exceeded entries until Betamax changed servers and the FUP messages were there again.
Many users contacted the Betamax "support team" but there was not ONE reply let alone a solution to the problem.

I while ago I came across a solid alternative to Betamax: FastVoip, based in the Netherlands and owned by Tulip Solutions.

I've had no FUP problems since I started using FastVoip...

Zoe

Last edited by zoemcalister; 10-17-2011 at 01:11 AM.
zoemcalister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
Willywolly

Willywolly is on a distinguished road

I thought that this was resolved with the agreement between Betamax and Voxalot. In my naivety I didn't look at my account page for several months and now I have almost zero credit left. Dozens of FUP exceeded messages....

Why oh why can't they solve this... is it on purpose?
Willywolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
Corbu'

Corbu' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoemcalister View Post
Hi audebruin,

There was once an agreement between Voxalot and Betamax to "play nice".
So no more FUP exceeded entries until Betamax changed servers and the FUP messages were there again.
Many users contacted the Betamax "support team" but there was not ONE reply let alone a solution to the problem.

I while ago I came across a solid alternative to Betamax: FastVoip, based in the Netherlands and owned by Tulip Solutions.

I've had no FUP problems since I started using FastVoip...

Zoe
Are you sure about FastVoip that it is not Betamax / Delmont ? I usually check Hanstel.ca for the best pricing (Hanstel is a Betamax reseller). Since FastVoip is present in their charts I thought it is also affiliated with Betamax/Delmont.
And one more think I can't find on their website > how many free days do you get when buying credit, I can't find any reference on that.

Last edited by Corbu'; 10-23-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Corbu' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
zoemcalister

zoemcalister is on a distinguished road

I can't be a 100% sure of course. Maybe Betamax/Delmont decided they needed a service with a friendlier face, I don't know. But the company is definitely in the Netherlands.
FV does not use the same database with user names as Betamax/Delmont does. I registered a username I had used once with Betamax.
The list of resellers, I can reach from my FV account, is a short one, only 7. Four of them I recognized being also a Betamax reseller. Perhaps they all are...
When I bought credit, from Hanstel, I noticed I had to follow another "path" than for the other brands, to make the payment.
Ok, these hardly provide solid evidence for FV being another brand.
Anyway, for now, I'm glad I don't see the FUP exceeded entries anymore.
And the free days: I got 120 for €10 credit.
zoemcalister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
Corbu'

Thank you so much, I will register with FV tomorrow, it seems that they are indeed different than the other Betamax/Delmont clones.
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
Willywolly

Willywolly is on a distinguished road

But how strange that they don't mention how many freedays you get with FV! Neither do they list what their free use policy is (with Betamax it's usually 300 minutes per week per IP). They only mention rates, and the one that are free have a * next to them, but point to nowhere... at least the Betamax providers provide all necessary information up front.

FV makes a shady impression. It would be nice to know with whom they are affiliated exactly. Are they using their own servers, PSTN trunk hardware, etc?
Willywolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
Corbu'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoemcalister View Post
I can't be a 100% sure of course. Maybe Betamax/Delmont decided they needed a service with a friendlier face, I don't know. But the company is definitely in the Netherlands.
FV does not use the same database with user names as Betamax/Delmont does. I registered a username I had used once with Betamax.
The list of resellers, I can reach from my FV account, is a short one, only 7. Four of them I recognized being also a Betamax reseller. Perhaps they all are...
When I bought credit, from Hanstel, I noticed I had to follow another "path" than for the other brands, to make the payment.
Ok, these hardly provide solid evidence for FV being another brand.
Anyway, for now, I'm glad I don't see the FUP exceeded entries anymore.
And the free days: I got 120 for €10 credit.
One more thing regarding FastVoip > how do you properly set up Caller ID in Voxalot?
With all the Betamax providers, I would put my verified phone in +countrycode format under the "From User" tab and it worked every time. This doesn't apply with FastVoip though, as soon as I do that I can't dial out. Right now it only works without caller id and it is a bit inconvenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywolly View Post
But how strange that they don't mention how many freedays you get with FV! Neither do they list what their free use policy is (with Betamax it's usually 300 minutes per week per IP). They only mention rates, and the one that are free have a * next to them, but point to nowhere... at least the Betamax providers provide all necessary information up front.

FV makes a shady impression. It would be nice to know with whom they are affiliated exactly. Are they using their own servers, PSTN trunk hardware, etc?
This is FastVoip FUP policy taken from Hanstel.ca website:

*Calls to phones and mobiles are included in your subscription subject to a fair usage limit of 10,000 minutes per user per month, with a maximum of 6 hours per day. Also, no more than 50 different numbers in total can be called per day."

Not to bad I'd say ....

Last edited by Corbu'; 10-26-2011 at 12:56 PM.