Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Willywolly

Willywolly is on a distinguished road
Default Using the SPA3102 to create a DID number for Voxalot

I have a PSTN connection at home. Is it possible using the SPA3102 to create a DID number for Voxalot? That way I can receive calls to my PSTN number anywhere in the world, and I could make use of the handy Voxalot features like voicemail.

Is that possible with the SPA3102? With the PSTN to VoIP gateway?
Willywolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

That's not exactly what you asked for, but is quite similar and could bring you what you expected: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...nectivity.html

I don't know the SPA3102, but it has nearly nothing to do if you take a DID of any provider and redirect it to your Voxalot account.
To my knowledge, Voxalot doesn't offer DID directly. But you may be interested/need registration to an external account (from your DID provider) with paid Voxalot accounts.

Again, iNum is a good solution and, I think, will be the (near) future... I use it preferably to gateways which need two steps dialling.

Regards.
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Willywolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by padboll View Post
I don't know the SPA3102, but it has nearly nothing to do if you take a DID of any provider and redirect it to your Voxalot account.
I tried to fill in <my voxalot number>@voxalot.com into the standard dial plan 1 field of the PSTN Line tab and set the delay for the PSTN to VoIP gateway to zero. I also turned on the 'make call without register' option. It tries to connect (as can be seen on the status page), but it seems I have NAT problems. The phone connected to Line 1 (which is registered to Voxalot) actually rings but when I pick up I hear nothing. The PSTN side also hears nothing.

The Inum thing is nice, but I'm mainly interested in being called from the PSTN.

Last edited by Willywolly; 05-26-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Willywolly

See also here: SPA3102 PSTN to voip voicemail? - Page 2

Tags
pstn, pstn to voip, spa3102