Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Willywolly

Willywolly is on a distinguished road
Default SPA3102 - Redirect PSTN to Voxalot for voicemail

I'm using my voxalot account with the SPA3102 behind a NAT router. Now that everything works I would like to use the voxalot voicemail also for PSTN calls, so I get all messages in one inbox. I know it has been asked before (e.g. here, here and here), but I've set it up slightly different - and I have problems in getting it working:

The Line 1 side of the device is registered to voxalot account aaaaaa while the PSTN Line tab is registered to a dummy voxalot account bbbbbb. I set the PSTN gateway to immediately forward all PSTN calls to the standard dialplan 1, which is simply: (S0<:aaaaaa>). So, instead of ringing Line 1 by dialing aaaaaa@127.0.0.1:5060 as it normally does it dials through voxalot so it gets to the voicemail after a number of seconds.

To some extent this works. Calling from PSTN makes the Line 1 analog phone ring and it goes to voicemail properly, but the problem with this is that when picking up the phone I get no audio on both sides. Or rather: the audio from the PSTN side is echoed back. This is a NAT problem obviously, the audio (RTP packets) go from the PSTN side via port 5061 back into port 5061 instead of 5060. But I even have the NAT traversal and keep alive options on...

Does this setup make sense at least? How do the RTP packets travel in this case? The way it should be is that the SIP messages travel back and forth to the voxalot server but the audio RTP packets are just going next door from port 5060 to 5061 and vice versa.

So I'd like to know if this is logical or even possible. I want a way which is without cumbersome measures for NAT traversal like STUN and all those options.... hence the two voxalot accounts.

Last edited by Willywolly; 05-27-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Willywolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Willywolly

Never mind this post.... actually what it breaks down to is my new post here: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...r-voxalot.html

(For some reason this post had to be approved by a moderator so it didn't appear until now; so I made the other one which went through right away.)
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Willywolly

I found out here that this is possible but you have to forward the RTP ports: SPA3102 PSTN to voip voicemail? - Page 2. And your router has to support NAT loopback.

Last edited by Willywolly; 05-31-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Tags
pstn, pstn-to-voip, spa3102, voicemail