Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #1

244751 will become famous soon enough
Default Virtual Toll Free and Accessing Voxalot via PSTN

I have 2 questions
1. Is there somewhere where I can find details of how the Virtual toll free feature works? I have searched the site and what I see does not explain much.
2. The ability to dial into your account from PTSN and then dial from inside your voXalot account using the registered providers, as if you are dialing from an ATA voXalot registered phone. Is this feature now available? I remember it was on the radar for development and I have been waiting.
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
I have 2 questions
1. Is there somewhere where I can find details of how the Virtual toll free feature works? I have searched the site and what I see does not explain much.
2. The ability to dial into your account from PTSN and then dial from inside your voXalot account using the registered providers, as if you are dialing from an ATA voXalot registered phone. Is this feature now available? I remember it was on the radar for development and I have been waiting.
1. How Does Virtual Toll Free Work
-Once activated in your account, you'll be given a piece of code that you can embedd in your website (it's a clickable button)
-When a visitor to your site clicks on it, they are asked to enter their phone number (you get to customize the instructions)
-VoXalot then uses your current Providers and Dial Plans (only the ones which you have allowed to be used with Virtual Toll Free) to dial the number of the visitor
-Once this visitor picks up his phone he's asked to wait while he's being connected
-VoXalot then rings the device registered with your VoXalot account (if you pick up you'll be talking to the visitor)

It's called Virtual Toll Free, because just like a 1-800 number, the caller is not charged for the call (the receiver (you) handles the costs).

2. The feature you refer to is known as VoXRoam. Unfortunately it is still not available. However if you don't mind doing some work, there is a workaround that will allow you to use your VoXalot account via a CallThru method
Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone
(If you have any questions about that guide, feel free to contact me)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #3

Thanks Emoci, I understand what the virtual toll free is used for but I am not clear on the details on setting it up for use. How do I know if its activated in my account? Can it be only used on websites? I thought you could also attach it to an email. When I click on virtual toll free within my voxalot account what do I need to do?

Thanks for the information on the setting up my own call thru gateway. I guess I'll be busy tonite.

Last edited by 244751; 07-31-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Unread 07-31-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

1. Under the Virtual Toll Free Menu

Make sure the Enable Feature CheckBox is checked, and Save

2. Under SmartCall/DialPlans

When setting up a new dial plan (Advanced Settings) or when editing a current one, there is Virtual Toll Free Enabled dropdown...

Only the Dial Plans that have this set to Yes will be accessible to be used via Virtual Toll Free

3. At this point under the Virtual Toll Free Menu, adjust the Line 1 and Line 2 text as needed.

Then copy the code (you have the option of embeded or popup).

It should work on email as long as you can have html in your signature.

If this interests you take a look at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...signature.html
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #5

Thanks a lot Emoci. I have one more question. What do you mean in the 3rd step when you say "adjust the Line 1 and Line 2 text as needed". Please could you provide an example of what type of adjustment one would make to these texts?
Unread 08-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
emoci

I've set mine to:

Please Enter Your Number
Include 1 & the Area Code

The 2 lines of text will appear to the caller when he/she tries to use this, so it is really just instructions telling that user what to do...
Unread 08-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #7

Thanks a lot. I think these instructions should be posted somewhere for people to use