Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forwarding Rules - Clarification Required Please

Hi,

I have set up the following rules...

Provider A
Every
Your Voxalot Number
Yes

Does this mean that every single call to Provider A will make my ATA ring regardless of any other rules?

Provider B
Weekend
Voicemail
Yes

Provider B
Weekday
3:00 20:00
Voicemail
Yes

Does this, coupled with rule 10, mean that only those people supplying CLI to come through between the hours of 20:00 and 03:00GMT will make my ATA ring while those not supplying CLI during those hours will be sent to voicemail, as will everyone outside the hours specified regardless of whether they supply their CLI or not?

Provider C
Every
Voicemail
Yes

Does this mean that every single call to Provider C will be forwarded to voicemail regardless of CLI status?

Provider D
Weekend
Voicemail
Yes

Provider D
Weekday
Voicemail
Yes

This is identical to rules 2 and 3.

Provider E
Every
Your Voxalot Number
Yes

This is identical to rule 1.

Incoming number
has no digits
Every
Voicemail
Yes

Does this rule mean that everyone who calls any provider which does not specify that they are forwarded to my Voxalot number without supplying a CLI will be forwarded to voicemail regardless of the timings in place?

Couple of further questions,

Will any DIDs or SiPBroker Short Codes which are diverted directly to the Voxalot URI escape all filtering?
Similarly, will any DIDs or SiPBroker Short Codes which are diverted to different providers inherit the rules of the provider and have them applied accordingly?

I know it's a long post, I apologise for that, I'm just trying to configure my system so that I'll never have to do it again with a bit of luck!

Last edited by Lanh; 11-25-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Lanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #2

244751 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I have set up the following rules...

Provider A
Every
Your Voxalot Number
Yes

Does this mean that every single call to Provider A will make my ATA ring regardless of any other rules?

Yes this is True

Provider B
Weekend
Voicemail
Yes

Provider B
Weekday
Voicemail
Yes

Does this, coupled with rule 10, mean that only those people supplying CLI to come through between the hours of 20:00 and 03:00GMT will make my ATA ring while those not supplying CLI during those hours will be sent to voicemail, as will everyone outside the hours specified regardless of whether they supply their CLI or not?

Rule 2 and 3 apply to callers calling provider B while rule 10 does not appear to be provider specific and will affect all incoming calls irrespective of which of your incoming number is called

Provider C
Every
Voicemail
Yes

Does this mean that every single call to Provider C will be forwarded to voicemail regardless of CLI status?

Yes this is true

Provider D
Weekend
Voicemail
Yes

Provider D
Weekday
Voicemail
Yes

This is identical to rules 2 and 3.

Yes again these will only apply to provider D

Provider E
Every
Your Voxalot Number
Yes

This is identical to rule 1.

True and again provider specific

Incoming number
has no digits
Every
Voicemail
Yes

Does this rule mean that everyone who calls any provider which does not specify that they are forwarded to my Voxalot number without supplying a CLI will be forwarded to voicemail regardless of the timings in place?

This means that for all incoming call irrespective of provider if the CLID has no digits rule 10 will apply

Couple of further questions,

Will any DIDs or SiPBroker Short Codes which are diverted directly to the Voxalot URI escape all filtering?

Not necessarily, if they are not one of the providers configured in rule 1-9 above then rule 10 might impact them depending on the CLID being passed

Similarly, will any DIDs or SiPBroker Short Codes which are diverted to different providers inherit the rules of the provider and have them applied accordingly?

Yes they would

I know it's a long post, I apologise for that, I'm just trying to configure my system so that I'll never have to do it again with a bit of luck!

Hope this helps

Last edited by 244751; 11-25-2007 at 11:39 PM.
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #3
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road

Hi 244751,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
Rule 2 and 3 apply to callers calling provider B while rule 10 does not appear to be provider specific and will affect all incoming calls irrespective of which of your incoming number is called
You were right, what I have had to do is to create three rules for this provider and the other identical one.

The first rule was to send calls to voicemail over the weekend.
The second rule was to send calls between 20:00 and 23:59 to my Voxalot number.
The third rule was to send calls between 00:00 and 03:00 to my Voxalot number.

Rules 2 and 3 override the CLI rule in rule 10 (now rule 100), I may have to create another rule specifying that 03:01-19:59 are sent to voicemail, I'll verify that later, but the majority of calls during these hours will come through SiPBroker and thus have no CLI and be caught by rule 100.

Quote:
Not necessarily, if they are not one of the providers configured in rule 1-9 above then rule 10 might impact them depending on the CLID being passed
You were right with this one, I had to alter my two SiPBroker accounts to stop pointing to my Voxalot URI and to point to my FWD and SiPPhone URI's. Then set up the specific call times and have it passed through to the Voxalot URI to override Rule 10 and thus enable SiPBroker codes to be used.
Quote:
Hope this helps
Very much so 244751, thank you
Lanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #4

244751 will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear it worked out for you.
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote