Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
Well, the symptoms have changed. I'm no longer able to register my Voxalot account with iCall. I can still register my X-Lite SIP phone with no problems, almost instantly, and make or receive calls with X-Lite. But with Voxalot, with X-Lite shut down, the status remains "Auth. Sent". Any suggestions for getting it to connect with iCall?
While it is a lousy error message, "Auth Sent" nearly always means that the userid and password that you have entered for iCall in Voxalot is incorrect.

Could you double check that they are correct?

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
BigTex

BigTex is on a distinguished road

Well, after being in the "Cust. Pend" state all day yesterday, I just checked and it's now finally registered! But when I attempt to call out with iCall, or when I attempt to call my iCall DID, I receive this identical message in a female voice:

"We're sorry, the number you have called could not be connected. Please try again."

Is this a standard Voxalot error message, or do you think it is an iCall one?
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #13
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a Voxalot message to me. Voxalot plays this message when the number you are calling does *not* match the dial plan.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #14
BigTex

Martin,

Thanks for your inputs! Are there other situations than a call plan problem that would cause this message? I ask because I'm hearing this message when I dial out AND IN. Dialing in (e.g. calling my iCall number from my cell phone) shouldn't be affected by the call plan, should it?

Anyway, it sounds like the message is coming from Voxalot. If this is the case, then I believe that it says that my incoming call, from my cell phone, is passing through iCall to Voxalot, and getting stopped by Voxalot for some reason. Any suggestions for why this would happen?
Unread 10-16-2007, 01:07 AM   #15
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
Martin,

Thanks for your inputs! Are there other situations than a call plan problem that would cause this message? I ask because I'm hearing this message when I dial out AND IN. Dialing in (e.g. calling my iCall number from my cell phone) shouldn't be affected by the call plan, should it?

Anyway, it sounds like the message is coming from Voxalot. If this is the case, then I believe that it says that my incoming call, from my cell phone, is passing through iCall to Voxalot, and getting stopped by Voxalot for some reason. Any suggestions for why this would happen?
This is usually a sign that the provider (iCall) is not honoring the Contact URI in the header that is passed by Voxalot during SIP registration.

Please PM me your voxalot account number and the iCall number you are calling and I will take a look.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #16
BigTex

Martin,

I've noticed something odd that may not be related, but I thought that I should share with you. My Voxalot "Voice Service Providers" screen is indicating that two entries are "Registered" with iCall. These represent two tries I had created when I was having trouble registering with iCall. But I have disabled one of these by setting Active=No and "Sip Register"=No. I had expected the status display to eventually update to show only one account is registered, but never did. So Voxalot, or at least the status display, is confused.
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #17
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

If both entries have the same iCall ID, then this will occur. In fact, even if you have two otherwise distinct Voxalot accounts -- but with each having a provider sharing the same ID with only one being set to "SIP Register", then the status will show on both accounts.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
BigTex

My Voxalot account spontaneously became unregistered with iCall, and entered the "Auth. sent" state. I tried to connect with X-Lite, since that had worked before, but it failed also. I tried calling the number and received the message that it was no longer in service or had been disconnected. I contacted iCall and they told me that this is the standard error message that callers will receive it my ATA is not registered! I asked that they change this message, and was told:

"Unfortunately, our service is not designed with ATAs in mind. It is a carrier level service that is generally used to connect a PBX or call gateway to our servers."

Due to this issue, I'm not pursuing carrier.iCall - it's really not the right service for me. It's too bad, because the rates are very good, but more importantly, they appear to be the only company who can port my particular phone number.

Thank you very much craig, martin, and affinity, for your help. Since I'm not going to pursue iCall further, please don't feel obligated to try to debug my problem further.