Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
medic1978

medic1978 is on a distinguished road
Default Registration unsuccessful from Netgear TA612V voice adaptor

Hi

Having some major trouble configuring my ATA/Voice adaptor to work with voxalot. The device i have is Netgear TA612V and works fine with sipgate and voipcheap.

With voxalot it fails to register to servers and i get a blinking amber light (trying to register).

These are the settings available and what i put in:
Sip proxy: voxalot.com
Sip control port: 5060
Sip Local port: 5060
Sip message TOS Value: Hex 68
Starting RTP Port: 5004
Use outbound proxy: No
Display Name: My name
Telephone number: my 6 digit voxalot number
User Name: my 6 digit voxalot number
Password: my voxalot password
Register Expire time: 900
Register headstart time: 60

Are these ok or am i doing something wrong??
medic1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

Hi medic1978,

I have the Netgear TA612V working with voxalot(.com.au) fine.

For the following I have...
Register Expire: 3600
Registration Head start: 3640
Anonymous Incomming Call: Allow

Is it connected to a Router or Modem? Make sure the cable is attached to the Internet port and not the Ethernet port.
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
medic1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLL View Post
Hi medic1978,

I have the Netgear TA612V working with voxalot(.com.au) fine.

For the following I have...
Register Expire: 3600
Registration Head start: 3640
Anonymous Incomming Call: Allow

Is it connected to a Router or Modem? Make sure the cable is attached to the Internet port and not the Ethernet port.
Hi Mark
Thanks for replying.
The netgear is connected to a belkin wireless adsl router/modem. The cables are correctly attached as i have no problem with sipgate.co.uk

I tried changing the setting you sugested above, however it says that the Registration Head start must be 5s or more LESS than register expire time.

Registration still fails for some reason?!
Can i ask what your netgear is attached to? which router/modem? and which version of the firmware are you using
Also do you have the DNS SRV option checked at the bottom of the configuration page? which DNS SRV you using?
Thanks

Last edited by medic1978; 12-31-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
medic1978

PS

Just been having similar problems with voipbuster.com
However, these resolved when i entered the actual ip address into the sip server setting rather than their suggested sip.voipbuster.com and various others

Anybody know the ip address for voxalot so i can try the same?

Thanks
Unread 12-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

There are 3 SIP proxies. Two in the U.S.:

and one in Australia:

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
medic1978

Thanks Martin

Just registered successfully using the following ip address: 64.34.163.35

Any idea why it wouldnt register before when i was using voxalot.com as sip proxy??

Happy New Year
Unread 12-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

The only thing I can think of is that your ATA is not performing DNS lookups correctly.

I would double check the nameserver settings and if your device has SRV record support activate this also.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2007, 04:20 AM   #8
MarkLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1978 View Post
I tried changing the setting you sugested above, however it says that the Registration Head start must be 5s or more LESS than register expire time.
Hi Medic,
Yes this is a bit of a confusing option. I have since changed it to 30sec. My registration time is still 3600

Quote:
Can i ask what your netgear is attached to? which router/modem? and which version of the firmware are you using
My firmware version (displayed at the bottom of the Voip Setup screen) is ta612v_1244.bin. It is attached to a Draytek 2910V Router/ATA which is attached to a speedstream 4200 in Bridge mode. I have opened a range of ports to the TA612V etc. I have other ATA's attached to the same router.

Quote:
Also do you have the DNS SRV option checked at the bottom of the configuration page? which DNS SRV you using?
Thanks
Is this at the bottom of the VoIP Page? It says DNS Servers? (no mention of DNS SRV specificially) This is set to the Router as the connection is set to DHCP with Fixed IP's assigned by the DHCP server on the Router. I know there are some issues with routers that don't work well with Sip clusters if they don't support the DNS SRV record. (I'm using voxalot.com.au so this may not be an issue [yet??])

In the mode I am running it, I can get it to work in 2 ways. Because it is behind a router, the Sip messages will generally contain the local IP address. This works ok as long as you use the outbound proxy option. (the phone won't ring, or drops out etc if I don't use an outbound proxy even though it registers ok)

The problem with the outbound proxy is that it also appears to act as an RTP proxy as well. This means that the voice traffic goes via Voxalot.

For me the best option is to use the Stun Server option. (I use the IP of stun.voxalot.com.au) While it does create more traffic, it means the ATA uses the External IP instead of local IP. RTP Traffic is now more enclined to go direct between the two parties.

All in all the VoIP quality on these netgears (ta612v, dg834gv) is actually pretty good. The issue I have with the ta612v is that it is not compatible with a Telstra T200 phone. Not sure why...
Unread 02-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
p2pvoice

p2pvoice is on a distinguished road

Hello MarkLL:

I am trying to make Grandstream HT286 work with a Zyxell Prestige 6000 router which has a symmetric firewall and, hence, STUN won't work. You mentioned that your router is Draytek 2910V. Does this have a symmetric firewall?

In any case, can you help me with how to configure my ATA behind a symmetric firwall to work with Voxalot?

Thanksalot
p2pvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
MarkLL

Hi p2pvoice,

The Draytek 2910V is a Full Cone Nat Router (I believe). I've configured the HT386 behind various routers ok. I've used both the STUN and Outbound Proxy methods depending on the VSP.

I thought Voxalot handled symmetric Nat? Try setting up the Outbound Proxy settings and turn STUN off... Also turn off DNS SRV if you have it on and see if that works.