Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
zekk

zekk is on a distinguished road
Default Avaya 46xx hardphone support

I need some assitance with my Avaya 4602SW hardphone. It registers properly and can call the test number + voice mail as 500 and 600 without any problems. I can call any other voxalot numbers and my hardphone can also be called. The only issue I have is after a certain amount of time (the most was 24 hours) the phone disconnects from voxalot. On the display I still can see my voxalot ID (all seems to be fine), but when I try to call any numbers it gives me a busy tone, likewise when I am called it is busy. If I log off and try to log back in again it says "registering....". The phone needs to be rebooted.
The avaya phones are using a 46xxsettings.txt file to load all information during the boot process. I'd be happy to share with you my settings file in case you think that helps. It is a long file with lots of parameters but here are the important ones I have set:
SET REGISTERWAIT "600"
SET SIPDOMAIN "voxalot.com"
SET SIPPROXYSRVR "194.110.67.221"
SET SIPPORT "5060"
SET SIPSIGNAL 0 (means UDP)
SET SIP_PORT_SECURE 5061
SET SIPREGISTRAR "194.110.67.221"

Any help would be appreciated. If we can figure out the correct settings, I could post the file that would most probably be good for all avaya 46xx and 96xx SIP phones.

Thanks
zekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default SIP registration problem

Do you have a static or a dynamic public IP assignment on your internet connection (on the WAN side)?
I'm asking this because I know some hardware that looses it's registration when public IP changes. I'm thinking about a SAGEM FAST modem+router+ATA used by PT.com which looses SIP registration when there is an IP change in the WAN side. I'm used with the formerly Linksys hardware which seems to work great. The phone you refer I don't know, but from your words I suspect that you can be having some problem like what happens with the mentions SAGEM FAST ADSL router.
Regards.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
zekk

Default SIP registartion with Avaya hard phone

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't think that is the problem. I have dinamic WAN IP but the provider does not change it unless my router is away for over 72 hours. It does not happen since my cable modem is connected 24x7, I and I have not seen a new WAN IP address in the last one year.
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
zekk

Default avaya settings file issue

Any thoughts? I would really like to further test it. Any thougts would be appreciated. In case you think it might be a router issue I am using a Linksys WRT54GL with dd-wrt. Thanks
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
zekk

Default Avaya hardphone settings

Please find the attached file that has all the settings that the Avaya hard phone is capable of. Please give me any recommendation/advise.
Thanks
Zekk
Attached Files
File Type: zip 46xxsettings.zip (27.9 KB, 7 views)

Tags
avaya, hardphone, sip settings