Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
green

green will become famous soon enough
Question need help with Call Forwarding

Hello
I'm trying to setup the following call flow for all the calls coming from outside to my VoXaLot number:
- if I'm registered with VoXaLot then my SIP phone should ring (1)
- if I'm not registered then call should go to the specified SIP URI (2)
- if an error returned at the previous step then I want to call my cell phone using the VSP I selected (3)

I have all the pieces working individually, but not the whole chain.
Please give me some hints. Thanks.
green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

At the moment as you pointed out, you can set each one individually, however VoXalot is not yet configured to automatically handle fallback....

{Ring VoXalot, if not available Ring SIP URI, if Not Available Ring Number} is not supported for the time being

However you can manually switch between ringing VoXalot when you are near your ATA, and ringing your Cell when you are away (just before heading out you'd have to de-activate one forwarding rule, and activate the other)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
green

thank you for your prompt reply, but it's really bad

OK, which part of my scenario may be implemented without manual reconfiguration?
I suppose it's quite obvious that nobody will go to the web page before leaving the hotspot area with E-series Nokia phone to change the rule.
Unread 09-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Well, there is one plus:

Your VoXalot account can be registered in many devices at once.....so your Nokia, your ATA, and let's say for the sake of an example your softphone can all be registered to the same VoXalot account, and will all ring when someone calls, the first one to answer takes the call......

Under normal conditions, when no-one answers VM will pick up....

It may be possible to get a workaround, so that VoXalot account, other SIP URI, and/or your phone ring simultaneously (but that said, it's gonna be a side project of your own since there is no built in support in VoXalot for it)

If you wanna give the latter a try, I am happy to assist where I can.

What Country/Area Code is your cell number on ?
At home are you using an ATA, or is it just the Nokia Phone?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
green

Ok, will answer the last question first. At home I have Asterisk, number of ATAs, Siemens Gigaset S450 IP and Nokia E60. Let's forget about this for now

The idea is to make myself reacheable when I'm travelling. As soon as I cannot (and do not want) to rely on my home Asterisk (mainly because of possible ISP problems) I want VoXaLot to do some job for me.

So, when I'm in a hotel room or in the office I can have my softphone and Nokia registered at VoXaLot so I'll be able to answer my incoming calls.
When I'm away from my PC but within WiFi coverage I will still have E60 working (until something broken at your side).

And now imagine that all you Nokia workarounds will not work like I've seen this today - I've been able to register and make some test calls but after few hours registration is ok, but no sound and no incoming calls even when I see that NAT pinhole is open on my router. That's why I was looking for possibility to forward the call to the SIP URI which will be the same Nokia phone but registered with another VSP.

But as soon as I'm out - I need my calls transferred to my cell phone. This time it will be US number with NYC area code. In this particular case I can let GC do some job for me, but next time I will use my European cell phone with UK number, so GC will not ring that phone. And GC will not help me completely - it will ring my SIP and my cell if somebody dialed my GC number, but what if somebody will make a SIP call to my voxalot id ? SIP will ring, but not cell.

Last edited by green; 09-29-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Unread 10-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

it would be nice to have something like a timeout with the call forwards. for example, that a call is only forwarded to my cell if im not picking up on one of the registered devices instead of going to voicemail.

in my case i just want to have my girlfriend forwared to my cell in case that im not at home at one of the registered devices.
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #7

130166 is on a distinguished road
Default Call forwar after some time

I like to have that too. However for other reason. Then I can let forward if I see the call is not for mee but for my neighbour(without voip, so I have to forward to his PSTN).
Because it already exist for the voicemail, I think it must not be very difficult.(but I am no expert)
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

would be really really nice, but i think martin and the others are always busy with other projects.
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haifischjunge View Post
would be really really nice, but i think martin and the others are always busy with other projects.
Always busy but we do store items like this in our tracking system.

More often than not when we have some capacity, we re-visit these items and surprise people

Like this:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...html#post13337

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote