Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
matt

matt is on a distinguished road
Default People can't hear me when I receive call

Hi,

Since I switched to Voxalot, I've got difficulties to receive call.

I'm using a blueface voip account with a netgear TA612V.
I call make call with no problem and quality is good but when I receive calls, I can hear the people talking to me but they can't hear me.

I activated all the right options ( Nat etc...) and I don't how it could come from blueface or my ATA box as it was working fine when I was using blueface directly.

Any idea ??

Thanks

Matt
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

How about a STUN server, activate UPnP in your router, maybe manually open ports and forward them to the ATA....

This is a good guide, although centred around Linksys Devices:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...lkthrough.html

Other things to consider:

Quote:
Here are a few things that will help:

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.org has been working for me)
-If you are behing a router that has UPnP, make sure it's active
-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500 (this maybe slightly different for your ATA, there should be an RTP port range setting on your ATA, if it is different, note the range and open that range instead in your router...)

For some background on this see: http://forum.voxalot.com/12685-post20.html

-If your router has DMZ, try at first disabling it completely. However if you get through this suggestions and still aren't having any luck this worked for someone:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Thanks a lot!

The problem was that the router was blocking.
I configured the sipura with static ip and specified that ip on the DMZ of the router.

-If you can check the router log, see if it is blocking any traffic

Once you are done setting up your ATA, STUN, DIAL PLAN (copy the one you have right now if it has worked in the past), UPnP and/or DMZ and/or Port Range forwarding in your router try the following:

-Try Calling *600, do you reach the Echo Test?
-Call one of the SIPBroker Access Numbers SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers (do this from a regular phone, not your ATA) and then enter *010123456 (replace 123456 with your VoXalot number). Do you receive the call?
-Enter your VoXalot SIP URI (123456@voxalot.com) here and see if the ECHO Test call comes in: SIPBroker - EziDial
-Make sure there are no Internet Connection problems. Run a SpeedTest, or maybe VoIP test at TestYourVoIP.com
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote