Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #51
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

See this thread people:

http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=247

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 03:42 AM   #52
reader

reader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
@reader, Are you still having the registration / calling problems you mentioned in this thread?
Yes I am... well last night it was still the same.

As I seem to be the only one with this problem (having to dial twice to get switched to the callee) and there are more tests I can do (try a softphone) the ball is in my court. Just haven't had time yet.
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #53
Tslam

Tslam is on a distinguished road
Default Forward to Voicemail ii

I want to send calls to voxalot's voicemail server, as per in my recent posts on the Support forum. That thread has stalled, so I'm writing to ask a few pertinent questions here:

1) Is it ok in principle for registered users to send calls to voxalot's voice server? I would understand if you had a policy of not allowing that, if the cost of storage is an issue. But you could limit the no of calls queued for more than 2 days, for example. Or forward them directly to email!

2) Is the voxalot vmail server accessible from the internet? Do I understand correctly that it has its own IP address, and authentication protocol, just like a SIP server?

3) Does sending, or calling, the vmail server directly, avoid the diversion delay (30 odd secs) that occurs when calling mysip@voxalot.com:5061?

4) If the answer to 1)-3) is YES, then... what's the IP address, please? And what's the exact syntax for calling it?

Thanks again.

ps All hail Voxalot! It's a truly great innovation. I wonder though, whether its functionality will eventually become another generic feature of the internet - like DNS maybe. Or bittorrent. I'm not sure which of those is the best analogy. A question for another day, perhaps.
Tslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 07:20 AM   #54
Tslam

Default Wrong ID for SIP Registration?

It seems that voxalot is registering me with Koala using my Voxalot AuthID instead of my Koala AuthID.

Koala now shows my account number equals my Voxalot AuthID. I have no Koala credit for that ID, and now I can't make any calls. Strange.

Please check and let me know what's going on. I thought it would be best to check with Voxalot before contacting Koala.

If required, I'll private you my account number(s).
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #55
BJReplay

BJReplay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Hi BJ,

What happens if you register with voxalot.com.au and point your voicemail server to voxalot.com?

FYI, all voicemail is handled by voxalot.com even if you are registered with voxalot.com.au
Hi Martin,

It seems to be all working with voxalot.com.au - I swapped to .au last weekend when voxalot was off the air for a while (I think it went down on Sunday around the middle of the day), and callers were getting through to voice mail on dialling my PSTN and being forwarded. It has been working since and I've stayed with .au.

I've got my voice mail server set as .au as well, and when I pick up the phone, it has a warm line to 500 - again working just fine. MWI & VWMI are working.

If the VM server is the .com server, I assume that I'm still getting MWI & VWMI based on notifies from the .au server.

Anyway, it's all working, even if I don't understand exactly how.
BJReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #56
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Glad to here it BJ.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #57
Tslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJReplay

I've got my voice mail server set as .au as well, and when I pick up the phone, it has a warm line to 500 - again working just fine. MWI & VWMI are working.

If the VM server is the .com server, I assume that I'm still getting MWI & VWMI based on notifies from the .au server.
Hi again BJ,

Would you please confirm:

. Line1->VM Voicemail Server = @voxalot.com.au ; does it use the @ prefix?
. PSTNLine->Cfwd No Ans Dest = 500
. registered proxy = voxalot.com.au, not the US server

If I warmline to 500, it answers immediately but I'm asked for a password. How do I configure it so that PSTN callers hear my greeting??
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #58
BJReplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslam
Hi again BJ,

Would you please confirm:

. Line1->VM Voicemail Server = @voxalot.com.au ; does it use the @ prefix?
No, Line 1->Voice Mail Server = $USER@voxalot.com.au - which is equivalent to 123456@voxalot.com.au: Line 1 is registered to voxalot.com.au, and my UserID is would be 123456.
Quote:
. PSTNLine->Cfwd No Ans Dest = 500
No, User 1->Cfwd No Ans Dest = 123456 (I assume you meant User 1, not Line 1
Quote:
. registered proxy = voxalot.com.au, not the US server
Yes
Quote:
If I warmline to 500, it answers immediately but I'm asked for a password. How do I configure it so that PSTN callers hear my greeting??
My warmline is for me to pick up the phone attached to the FXS port, to retrieve VMs. I'm not sure if what you're doing can be done.

I've attached my config. Have a look see. Feel free to attach yours, if you want me to have a peek. I've changed IP addresses, account numbers, and so on to protect the guilty, but other than that, what you see is what I run.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BJ SPA Configuration.zip (17.6 KB, 5 views)
Unread 06-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #59
Tslam

Default Wrong ID for SIP Registration?

For the record, this problem has been solved. It was specific to Koala, when reg'd by some other SIP servers including voxalot. See:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m?t=542020#r14
Unread 06-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #60
BJReplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslam
For the record, this problem has been solved. It was specific to Koala, when reg'd by some other SIP servers including voxalot. See:
Was it resolved by a change at Koala or a change at Voxalot? Do you have any more details?