Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #21
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Yes, call logs would be an excellent addition too, keeps the VSPs honest.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #22
JohnnyGolden

JohnnyGolden is on a distinguished road

The only issue I have had is with the site itself - often need to enter my e-mail and password twice to successfully log on to the control panel. Not a biggie though...

As far as feature requests go, I'll throw my hat in with the registration status crowd. Also would be great to be able to disable voicemail, and to specify our own voicemail extension number (instead of the default 500).

Other more glamorous ideas:

- Call forwarding via dial plan, i.e. ability to set up a call forward to any number (including PSTN) which would be passed to the dialplan to process.
- Similar functionality for Web Callback - option to route call legs via dialplan defaults rather than specific providers
JohnnyGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #23
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Hi Ron

You can use my vBuzzer account with a PSTN number if you want. It would be helpful. I sent you a Private Message via Voxlot Forums with details.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Richard,

That certainly eliminates your router (and any NAT issues it might have).

I wish I had an incoming DID at Vbuzzer that I could test for you also. Given that I don't, I'm not coming up with any additional thoughts at the moment.

Ron
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #24
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGolden
The only issue I have had is with the site itself - often need to enter my e-mail and password twice to successfully log on to the control panel.
That'll be an issue with your browser/cookie handling. No problems here.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #25
Jorge

Jorge is on a distinguished road

I don't know if something like this could be done:

For configuring DDIs in easypbax.com (similar to registered providers in Voxalot) there is a field named "PeerString" which is for passing some extra settings to a provider:
Quote:
# PeerString: If you type somthing in this field it will be added at the end of the SIP peer configuration in sip.conf ex: dtmfmode=info - you can add several lines here.
For what I see from this forum, some providers can't be registered in Voxalot because they have unusual requirements, such as caller ID and outbound proxy.

Maybe some providers which seem to be Voxalot incompatible, like Voicestick, could work if there was a way to add some lines like this. I could really use a local number in Los Angeles from them.

(Unlike Voxalot, I could never get easypabx to work, thanks for this great service!)
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #26
reader

reader is on a distinguished road
Default Busy Tones

My problem is I 'always' get a busy tone (beeping once per sec.) on first attempt at dialing. Mentioned here -
http://forum.voxalot.com/showpost.ph...30&postcount=1
I tried getting rid of all dial plans except one that let everything through (_.)
Tried different phones, cold reboot of modem/ATA. Rechecked voxalot registration settings.

Strangely, yesterday when the voxalot website went down this problem disappeared and dialing worked first try. I would have dialed over 20 times through the day so it was no fluke. The problem returned at close to the same time the website returned (maybe exactly). [edit: This was after a week of consistent time with the problem]

I guess the best thing my end would be to try 'set to factory default' of ATA or try another ATA if I can get hold of one. Seeing the problem resolve for a while yesterday doesn't fit with that though.
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #27
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader
Strangely, yesterday when the voxalot website went down this problem disappeared and dialing worked first try. I would have dialed over 20 times through the day so it was no fluke. The problem returned at close to the same time the website returned (maybe exactly). [edit: This was after a week of consistent time with the problem]
Do you have voxalot.com or voxalot.com.au set as your prefered server on the VoXaLot Member Details page? You should have your ATA registered with whichever one you have selected there. When www.voxalot.com was down yesterday, so was the voxalot.com SIP server (but voxalot.com.au was not). It seems pretty clear that you're tangled up between these two servers somehow if operation is normal when voxalot.com is down.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #28
Oigle05

Oigle05 is on a distinguished road
Question 1800 numbers

I can't dial 1800 numbers via voxalot. When I do the test it shows that it will be directed via the chosen vsp but when a real call is made, I only get busy tone. Tried 4 different vsp's and all were the same. 1300 numbers are in the same dial plan as 1800's and they work ok.
Oigle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #29
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

It is now on the to-do list. We will look into this soon.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #30
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oigle05
I can't dial 1800 numbers via voxalot.
Try prefixing the numbers with 61 or stopping ENUM from resolving to a US number... using advanced dial plans.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote