Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Mr Metabolism

Mr Metabolism is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forwarding Clarification

Hi,

I've just signed up with voxalot and am a little confused as to what call forwarding actually does. What I am particularly interested in, is if it can forward calls meant for one VSP to another VSP.....e.g, if my dad was to call my spantalk number (spantalk to spantalk is free), would voxalot be able to forward this call to another vsp.....like sipme, such that it would still be a free call?

If not, what exactly does it do? Sorry if it seems like a noobish question, but I am a bit of a noob at the moment :P

Cheers.
Mr Metabolism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Right now you can set your Dad's number in [or any from Spantalk if you want] and forward that to your SIPME account. But, why not have SIPME registered by Voxalot and have your ATA login to Voxalot -- you could then have both Spantalk and SIPME registered and answer all calls [to either account] on your Voxalot registered ATA.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
Mr Metabolism

Hi Affinity, thanks for the reply.

I was tempted to setup my ata to register with voxalot, but I'd prefer for outgoing calls to bypass it, purely because if for some reason voxalot goes down, so do all my vsp's. I could overcome this with the use of gateways, but there's not enough room to enter them all.

To forward all incoming calls to my SIPME account, all I have to do is enter the sip address in the default text field under call forwarding....as per the tutorial? Would the call still be free? Thanks again.
Unread 07-18-2006, 01:32 AM   #4
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Yes, any forwards from Voxalot to SIPME accounts are IP to IP calls and are completely free of call costs.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #5
Mr Metabolism

I seem to be having trouble getting it to forward calls to sipme. I've tried spantalk and evoip, and calls are forwarded to them without a problem. However, I've tried sipme 3 times, and checked that the details I've entered are correct, but it just will not forward them. Any ideas?

Cheers

Edit:
It does work sometimes, but it is very intermittent. A call will be forwarded one minute, then the next (without changing anything), it won't work.

Last edited by Mr Metabolism; 07-18-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Unread 07-19-2006, 04:05 AM   #6
Mr Metabolism

I've done some more playing around, and I've found that the calls are forwarded when I log into voxalot's website, but about half an hour after I log out, they stop being forwarded. Is that supposed to happen?