Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default Voicemail problems

Been using voxalot for a couple of weeks now and I think it is really great. I am having a few little probs with the voicemail. When I dial 500 and press to listen to the current messages, It say something like - new message date at time and then it locks up and I don't hear the message. It has done it more than once. If I dial again it works ok. The wav file in the emails is fine too.

I also noted a few minutes after I delete all new messages, a signal is sent to my phone to turn off the MWI. I get a row of dashes on the callerID display ---------------. If I press the hook button to listen to the dialtone I get a hissing sound. I have to hang up and pickup again to get a dialtone. I have noticed that this also happens when I reset my PAP2 so I dont think it is voxalot. Could it be my phone NTL d5100 or could it be a setting on the PAP2. I have the UK callerID method with V.23?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

The problems I am having with voicemail are as follows:

1) Even though I delete all my voicemail messages, my phone keeps giving me the stutter dial tone for a couple of days or so until it eventually goes away on its own.

2) When someone calls my Pennytel Kuala Lumpur DID, sometimes I'll get the caller on the line when I pick up the phone, but, more often than not, there will not be anyone at the other end and I get an empty voicemail message in my inbox, showing the caller's number. When I ring them back, they report that the call went straight to voicemail. I reported this behaviour to Pennytel but they seemed to think it was Voxalot causing the problem. The fact that the problem is not consistent makes it even harder to diagnose.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
chatalot

Just to add some more info - I had a message today and it did it again - when I am left a message I dial voicemail and when I hit 1 to hear the new message I get silence as soon as it has said the word "at" when it is anouncing the message date/time. I hang up, redial and it works perfectly then.
Unread 10-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
chatalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco View Post
The problems I am having with voicemail are as follows:

1) Even though I delete all my voicemail messages, my phone keeps giving me the stutter dial tone for a couple of days or so until it eventually goes away on its own.

2) When someone calls my Pennytel Kuala Lumpur DID, sometimes I'll get the caller on the line when I pick up the phone, but, more often than not, there will not be anyone at the other end and I get an empty voicemail message in my inbox, showing the caller's number. When I ring them back, they report that the call went straight to voicemail. I reported this behaviour to Pennytel but they seemed to think it was Voxalot causing the problem. The fact that the problem is not consistent makes it even harder to diagnose.
Have you forwarded the incoming port from voxalot at your router to your phone/ATA (usuallly port 5060)?

Have you set up STUN on your phone/ATA?
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
Have you forwarded the incoming port from voxalot at your router to your phone/ATA (usuallly port 5060)?

Have you set up STUN on your phone/ATA?
Port 5060 forwarded: yes
Set up stun: yes
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
chatalot

Have you set up the voicemail server address on your PAP2? I didn't actually need to do this but I have seen others on about it so I did it anyway. I set mine to eu.voxalot.com

What is your number of seconds to voicemail set too? I had problems when mine was set to low. When calling my own DID to test voicemail, I have noticed that once my phone actually stops ringing, there is a variable number of rings for the caller at the other end before the voicemail answers? Sometimes it is immediate and sometimes another 4-5 rings. Don't know why, I am guessing that the voicemail server needs to answer and if it is busy it take longer?

Also keep an eye on this thread http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...ems-didww.html

Last edited by chatalot; 10-28-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Unread 10-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
Have you set up the voicemail server address on your PAP2? I didn't actually need to do this but I have seen others on about it so I did it anyway. I set mine to eu.voxalot.com
No, I haven't done that. I'll try and see if it makes any difference. I have my voicemail set to answer after 60 seconds, so I doubt if that is too low.
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
chatalot

Give it a try, I actually think the setting for the voicemail server should be XXXXXX@voxalot.com where XXXXXX is your voxalot extension. You could also try setting the VMWI Refresh Intvl: in the regional tab of your PAP2, as I understand it this will allow the PAP2 to update your phone MWI at a regular interval should it miss the original signal from voxalot.
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
ozimarco

Thanks for the suggestions. I implemented all of them and, guess what, the message waiting indicator, which had been showing for the last few days even though I did not have any voicemail, has stopped flashing on my phone so that's a good sign already.
Unread 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
ozimarco

I received another two calls to my Pennytel Kuala Lumpur DID tonight. My phone rang, but no-one was at the other end when I picked it up. When we rang back, the callers said their calls went straight to voicemail. I have Pennytel voicemail disabled, so it must be Voxalot's voicemail.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this problem as it is very annoying.

What baffles me is that, if Voxalot is passing the call on to my ATA and is making my phone ring, then why does it give a 'not available' signal to the caller and go straight to voicemail. My voicemail is set to kick in after 60 seconds. Even if we pick up the phone straight away, the call still goes to voicemail.

If one of the Voxalot staff wants to have a look at my account, my Voxalot number is 732994 and the Pennytel DID number is 603205653XX.

Last edited by ozimarco; 10-29-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: more info