Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #31
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
About gotext: do you mean it can be used in conjunction with other services, are is this discussion just for a comparison with the way it works?
Gotext is a java appllication that you can use to send text mesages using different SMS services, I use it successfully with voipcheap.com using the installation procedure and settings at this page.

goText]goText]goText - text messaging over GPRS - News - text messaging over GPRS - News

As part of the installation procedure you install a betamax script. I was wondering if a voxalot script could be made for callback.

when you send the message using it, it shows on your betamax/voipcheap account as a urlSMS. voipcheap.com charge 0.02 euro cents to the UK - voipcheap.co.uk are free. I assume the gotext java client just puts the info you enter into a http string and fetches it (post/get) from the web. The whole process uses very little data - I think about 208 bytes outgoing and 180 in although when my GPRS disconnects at the end it shows around 1500 bytes total.

I suppose I was thinking if you could make a call by sending a http string then maybe gotext could send the string for us

something like

http ://mobile.voxalot.com/action/webCall?task=call&fromNumber=XXXXXXXXXXX&toNumber= XXXXXXXXXXX&delay=60&User=username&password=passwo rd

I must admit I don't like how the password is submitted to the betamax SMS services, but they do use https:// so I suppose a secure connection is set up before the srting is sent - perhaps that is where the extra 1k data comes from?

Anyway for the password, it may not be necessary if the phone is already set to remember login and the login has already been carried out.

Has it was pointed out in an earlier post, reducing the number of providers reduced bandwidth. Perhaps there needs to be an option under each provider to determine if it is visible in mobile callback. In fact, I personally think I could get away with just using smart call and have no real use for the others. maybe we need a third page with the two number boxes but no drop down lists - it could be called Smart Call-Back or something.

Andy - the error you gave (certificate error) may mean that some phones can't fetch the secure page. If it used a cookie on the phones browser then it would not need to be secure as the string would not need a login, at least I dont think so.

Last edited by chatalot; 11-12-2007 at 07:20 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #32
chatalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Argh! My apologies... we had a couple of problems with our deployment this afternoon and the correct code was deployed, then backed out. We then re-deployed but without the fix you require.

Anyway, I have now patched the production system and you should be right to go. Apologies for the confusion.

--
Craig
I can confirm that it is working now for me
Unread 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #33
hust

hust is on a distinguished road
Default Java client and callback triggered by Html

It is worth for Voxalot to develop a mobile Java client & callback triggered by Html solution to cut mobile data traffic, and it will be an innovation in the world.

It will be more important than VoxalotRoam for us.

It seems that Voipbuster is working on this, visit here:https://forum.voipbuster.com/viewtopic.php?t=11899(Above link needs a Voipbuster account).

We only need a simple triggered way!

Even, we can consider to trigger callback by SIP call(e.g. SPA3102(fxo port)&SIP call to Voxalot server), this method will be free for us.

Last edited by hust; 11-13-2007 at 01:43 PM.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #34
chatalot

I would love to see a Java client but a quick way to reduce traffic would be to get rid of the selection boxes on the current mobile site and just have it use smart dial plans. I dont see why we need to be able to choose all the providers from our accounts when we could configure dialplans to route different calls to different VSP's.

If there is a reason, then can we please have an extra page with just the 2 number boxes and a delay box and no selction boxes for the providers as it can default to smart dial plan?
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #35
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

There is a simple triggered way, the links in the Voxalot mobile phonebook. If cookies work, this page can be loaded directly as a bookmark.

As I said before, I don't see Java clients getting data use much below 2k, or URL methods either if it's a secure link. And another method of using Betamax clones uses about 28k per call trigger, when you'd expect only about 4 to 6k from looking at it.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #36
hust

Hi

How about this wap callback site? WAP callback
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #37
chatalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hust View Post
Hi

How about this wap callback site? WAP callback
As some of us have a lot of VSP's configured, I still think there is a good case to not have the VSP select boxes and have something like this site with all calls routed via our smart dial plan.

Edit: Just a quick update for those who are eager to save traffic - if your phone has the ability to store webpages then you can store the call initiation page and then load the stored page instead of reloading it everytime over GPRS- I can initiate a call now with just 3.5Kbytes using this method. The phone only connects to GPRS when the call button is pressed. I still think it could be even lower but for now I am happy with this.

Last edited by chatalot; 11-15-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Unread 12-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
hust

Default A mobile callback call only uses 1K Bytes traffic

Hi,all

Minowireless.com claims that their mobile software client only use about 1K bytes to trigger a mobile callback call . Of course,their callback rate is too expensive for me.

Detail see here:MINO: Mobile International Network Operator