Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #21
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnewton View Post
Thanks for this information. It will be very useful for me to avoid the FUP problem. I tried the following dialplan in my PAP2T, but I could not make it work yet. When I dial 00xxxxx ended with #, I got fast busy. Could you help me to find out what is wrong? I am trying to use nonoh.net for international calls while the line is registered to sipsorcery. Thank you very much.

(00xx.<:@sip.nonoh.net:5060;usr=username;pwd=passw ord>|*xx|[34689]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
which ATA do you have?

for the dial plan 00xx. for the (xxxx) it will start with the country code as there is already 00 in the begining, for example to dial USA dial 00-1-2345678900

don't know about the :5060

may be you can delete the |0|00| in your dial plan

it should work, if not check in the info page what is the dialed number
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #22
Corbu'

Corbu' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohnashaat View Post
so what are you using? sofphones? like X-lite?
Occasionally I use a Nokia E51 for SIP calling, but I use Voxalot with PBXes Callthru; I use regular telephones to access my Voxalot account by calling Sip Broker numbers. Also with Voxalot I forward several overseas DIDs to PSTN numbers and Betamax is the provider.
Voxalot was the only pbx that allowed me to use Betamax without bumping into FUP, now I get charged for everything

Last edited by Corbu'; 12-15-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Corbu' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
davidnewton

davidnewton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
which ATA do you have?

for the dial plan 00xx. for the (xxxx) it will start with the country code as there is already 00 in the begining, for example to dial USA dial 00-1-2345678900

don't know about the :5060

may be you can delete the |0|00| in your dial plan

it should work, if not check in the info page what is the dialed number
My ATA is PAP2T. I tried to dial 0012345678900# (US number), I got a fast busy. If I dial other number (without 00), then, it goes to the registered Sipsorcery proxy.

From other forum, people say if the registered proxy (for my case, Sipsorcery) has the same user name and password with the second VSP, then, using the dial plan (without the usr and pwd) should work. I did not try this yet.

Thanks for your help. I am wondering where I could find any complete document for the Pap2t dialplan.
davidnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
Corbu'

What is the current status on the US server? Today some calls are free and some are marked as FUP exceeded.
Maybe something triggers the FUP "switch", but what?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FUP.jpg (86.0 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Corbu'; 12-16-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 12-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #25
davidnewton

I finally made my ATA dialplan work to directly dial nonoh.net with the same line which is registered to Sipsorery.com. I have to use the same user name and password for both sipsorcery account and nonoh account. It is easy to do because sipsorcery can easily make subaccounts. Now, with this arrangement, I do not need to use voxalot to dial through Betamax and the FUP problem is gone forever. Thanks a lot for help.
Unread 12-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #26
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnewton View Post
I finally made my ATA dialplan work to directly dial nonoh.net with the same line which is registered to Sipsorery.com. I have to use the same user name and password for both sipsorcery account and nonoh account. It is easy to do because sipsorcery can easily make subaccounts. Now, with this arrangement, I do not need to use voxalot to dial through Betamax and the FUP problem is gone forever. Thanks a lot for help.

what do you mean by "with the same line which is registered to Sipsorery.com" i do not understand why both usernames the registered one and the one in dialplan must be the same? in my case they aren't and it's working
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #27
davidnewton

Quote:
what do you mean by "with the same line which is registered to Sipsorery.com" i do not understand why both usernames the registered one and the one in dialplan must be the same? in my case they aren't and it's working
I registered Line 1 with Sipsorcery, while using the same line to make calls starting with 00 through nonoh.net, with the dialplan in the PAP2T. I can not make it work with the string "usr=username;pwd=password" in the dialplan. So, based on the information from one other forum, I made the user name and password the same for both accounts, and it worked. Here is the dialplan. I will try to use different username and passwords as in your instruction later to see if I can make it work. Thanks a lot since you bring this important information to me to avoid the FUP problem.

L:15,S:10,(00xxxxxxx.<:@sip.nonoh.net>|<011:00>xxx xxxx.<:@sip.nonoh.net>|[x*][x*].)
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #28
orca1504

orca1504 is on a distinguished road

I see solutions posted using an ATA to workaround Voxalot and avoid the betamax FUP, but is there no solution for the unfortunate guys who do not have an ATA (allowing multiple VoIP providers)?

I used proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com (described here) until recently which worked fine, but unfortunately results in FUP as well now. Is there another proxy which is still working with Betamax?
orca1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #29
pbutterworth

pbutterworth is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I generally use Voipfone who I find excellent, but they are pricey for calls to UK mobiles.

Some of the Betamax providers offer very competitive prices to mobiles, so I had planned to setup some forwarding rules on Voxalot to redirect calls to mobiles via 12voip (a betamax provider).

I can do this on my Siemens handsets, but I often redirect my handset to my mobile, and the handset today only allows you to redirect via the same SIP account, so I had planned to use Voxalot for this.

These calls are paid calls, will I still suffer from the FUP issue? If so, does anyone know of another SIP provider that has competitive calls to UK mobiles?

Thanks
Paul
pbutterworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #30
Corbu'

FUP is only for Free Calls during Free Days. Paid calls have nothing to do with it.

P.S. Be careful with 12voip, they have a connection fee (so is Telbo). Check Betamax prices here > Comparison of the prices and the the rates voip Finarea / Betamax for all the destinations

Last edited by Corbu'; 01-27-2010 at 03:54 PM.