Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
sprinter

sprinter is on a distinguished road
Default how to block an incoming call?

I'm getting a lot of sales calls from a particular number (always the same CLID). Is there a way for me to block this particular ID?

Ideally, I'd like for them to get an engaged/busy tone. If that is not possible, then a forward to my vox voicemail would be fine.

So far, I've tried to use the Call Forwarding option and have it set as follows:

Match by=Inbound number
If the number=Equals, and then defined the 8 digit I get on my display
Day=everyday
Handling Logic: Voicemail

Any further suggestions?
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

First things first, is that working fine (is that call ending up in VM)?

Once you confirm that the rule is working for you, I would try this to give him a busy tone, choose to forward to SIP URI, enter a non-existant SIP URI, like 111@sipbroker.com....

Curious, where is this call from (what country/region) for it to send a 8 digit CID (depending on where the number is based, it may be possible to spoof the CID so you can test how the rule is behaving without having to wait for these guys to call again)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
First things first, is that working fine (is that call ending up in VM)?
Nope...the call is still terminating on my voxalot line (actually, terminating on a VSP that is SIP registered on Vox, and Vox is registered on my ATA).

Quote:
Once you confirm that the rule is working for you, I would try this to give him a busy tone, choose to forward to SIP URI, enter a non-existant SIP URI, like 111@sipbroker.com....
I would LOVE to give him a busy tone! Sending the calls to other PSTN numbers, or non-existent SIP URI's is also desireable
Quote:

Curious, where is this call from (what country/region) for it to send a 8 digit CID (depending on where the number is based, it may be possible to spoof the CID so you can test how the rule is behaving without having to wait for these guys to call again)
The CLID shows up as 20947878. It's been different folks on the far end, and they've said their location as being in India and New York (so far). They've tried selling me everything from land scapping services to newspapers to LD (who needs LD with VoIP).

If they really are in India, they must be Asterisk based, and not touching the Indian telecom network (from what I hear, India doesn't allow full VoIP yet).
Unread 08-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

There's only 3 reasons for this not to work

1. If you have any other CFwd rules in VoXalot, especially an ANY rule that has higher priority, you simply need to move this rule to the top by changing the priority assigment. (ANY rule should be assigned a larger priority number that'll cause it to move to the bottom)

2. You are not matching the correct CID...

I realize your handset shows 20947878 but what does VoXalot receive...
To figure this out, either let them end up in VoiceMail once...in which case you'll get the exact CID as VoXalot sees it...

Or if this happened recently and you haven't received any calls since, your ATA should've saved a Last Caller Number

3. There is also a chance that they are not sending a number in Caller ID, and the 20947878 you see is actually what they have set up in the name field of their Device (if that is the case you simply need to use the 'has no digits' option)...

But to comfirm the above you still need to receive their CID preferrably on VoXalot's VM, since it'll tell you what it is seeing as the number and as the name
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
sprinter

Quote:
There's only 3 reasons for this not to work

1. If you have any other CFwd rules in VoXalot, especially an ANY rule that has higher priority, you simply need to move this rule to the top by changing the priority assigment. (ANY rule should be assigned a larger priority number that'll cause it to move to the bottom)

2. You are not matching the correct CID...

I realize your handset shows 20947878 but what does VoXalot receive...
To figure this out, either let them end up in VoiceMail once...in which case you'll get the exact CID as VoXalot sees it...

Or if this happened recently and you haven't received any calls since, your ATA should've saved a Last Caller Number

3. There is also a chance that they are not sending a number in Caller ID, and the 20947878 you see is actually what they have set up in the name field of their Device (if that is the case you simply need to use the 'has no digits' option)...

But to comfirm the above you still need to receive their CID preferrably on VoXalot's VM, since it'll tell you what it is seeing as the number and as the name
Thanks emoci! I'll wait for the next call to let it go to voicemail with voxalot and pick the proper CLID. The ID I mentioned above is from my VSP that is getting the call.

The forwarding rule listed is the only one that I have...and it is priority 1, and active. I'll wait for the actual CLID that Voxalot picks up before tweaking it anyway. Will post results later!