Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #11
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
When a call originates from a POTS landline what IP is sent? Surely the only one available is the Voxalot EU server IP or the IP of my incoming provider?
It is the IP address of the CONTACT hostname sent by the provider not the Voxalot server.

This is the most sensible IP address to use in this scenario. Unfortunately, we have no control over the Betamax FUP around IP addresses.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #12
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

What are the requirements for the ipnumber passed to Betamax ? What I see here is that different ipadresses are used;

Quote:
Normally this would be the IP address of your ATA or Web Browser if using Web Callback

For call forwarding however, the only IP address available is the one passed in the CONTACT URI received on the inbound i.e. the IP address of the DID provider etc of the call you are about the forward.

It is the IP address of the CONTACT hostname sent by the provider not the Voxalot server.
If using the ipnumber of the DID provider and many users are using the same provider the FUP policy of voipbuster/voipcheap (Betamax) is exceeded very fast.

Maybe it is possible to make an extra option in the setup - Member Details to let users specify their own ADSL/Cable or so ipadress and use that ipadres for Betamax ?
dimitrivisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #13
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrivisser View Post
Maybe it is possible to make an extra option in the setup - Member Details to let users specify their own ADSL/Cable or so ipadress and use that ipadres for Betamax ?
Nice idea but could be prone to abuse. The agreement made between Voxalot and Betamax a few months back was to pass the IP address of the UAC that originated the call.

Unfortunately in the case of provider / DID inbounds the only IP address that makes sense to pass on is the one in the CONTACT URI.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

It would be better if Betamax charged us when FUP reached. That way we could at least rely on calls getting through. Can we assume that the calls will work again next week when FUP resets? At least for a while.

Given that call forwarding stopped working at the same time for us, we would have to assume we're both using the same inbound provider. Dimitri, 130166, are you using voip.co.uk?

Last edited by tomblandford; 11-15-2007 at 11:52 AM.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #15

130166 is on a distinguished road

I am using Budgetphone.nl as inboundprovider.
(I do not know or they share server or are same company as voip.co.uk?)

And in my opinion too charging is better also because I can see it in the account then as extra signal.
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #16
dimitrivisser

Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

Quote:
Unfortunately in the case of provider / DID inbounds the only IP address that makes sense to pass on is the one in the CONTACT URI.
I think it makes no sense to pass that IP. It's just an IP, maybe it's the only IP available at that moment but that doesn't mean you have to use it and that there is a reason to use it.

I understand Betamax has a FUP but using the ip of the DID provider can be seen as abuse also. It doesn't support the good operation of their FUP. When using multiple DID providers or using a dynamic IP with webcallback it's easy to avoid the FUP-effect.

I think it really makes more sense to let users specify an ipaddress in the setup of Voxalot and permit them to change it for only 1 time a month. I think that thats also an acceptable solution for Betamax. Ofcourse only if you're willing to spend some time on it and to make a new agreement with Betamax.

For me callforwarding with voipcheap/voipbuster is very important. It's the only provider I know of which is reliable and cheap for the destinations I need.
Unread 11-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #17
dimitrivisser

Quote:
Given that call forwarding stopped working at the same time for us, we would have to assume we're both using the same inbound provider. Dimitri, 130166, are you using voip.co.uk?
No, I use Budget Phone Company your shortcut to VOIP as DID provider (like user 130166). I have several numbers +31xxxx there and I forward them with Voxalot/voipcheap.com to my Cheap worldwide mobile calls no roaming costs mobile simcard. It's a simcard with almost free worldwide roaming and a +44 UK/Jersey phonenumber. With voipcheap I pay 9,5 eurocents a minute to forward the call to United Mobile.

Do you know other providers which I can use to forward calls to a +44 UK/Jersey mobile phonenumber ?

To answer the other part of your question; I am not using voip.co.uk but it's possible that other people do. Together with you they reached the Betamax FUP
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrivisser View Post
No, I use Budget Phone Company your shortcut to VOIP as DID provider (like user 130166). I have several numbers +31xxxx there and I forward them with Voxalot/voipcheap.com to my Cheap worldwide mobile calls no roaming costs mobile simcard. It's a simcard with almost free worldwide roaming and a +44 UK/Jersey phonenumber. With voipcheap I pay 9,5 eurocents a minute to forward the call to United Mobile.

Do you know other providers which I can use to forward calls to a +44 UK/Jersey mobile phonenumber ?

To answer the other part of your question; I am not using voip.co.uk but it's possible that other people do. Together with you they reached the Betamax FUP

Well, at least in this case, FUP should not be the issue, calling a UM+ number is a charged call regardless of the IP sent, so this is possibly an unrelated issue, check if VoIPCheap.com has a record of calls being attempted.

Also keep in mind that depending on where you are using your UM+, sometimes you may not receive calls properly when roaming among networks (the more well developed the countries GSM network is the better chance of calls being received and call quality improving)

A way to try, is to temporarily forward to a different number and see if calls go through ok in that case (if this works, then the issue is probabky with UM+)

---Up to this point this probably does not help the other 2 posters having an issue-----

Three things to check:
-Fault with UM+ not receiving calls (this probably does not apply if the number you're calling is a normal cellphone/landline)
-BetaMax provider not forwarding calls (possibly due to FUP, but this would not be the case when your are calling UM+ for example, FUP does not affect this)
-An issue with the DID provider not accepting the redirect/forwarding (Try a SipBroker Access Number)

Last edited by emoci; 11-15-2007 at 04:36 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #19
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I like the idea about entering our IP into voxalot but can see why it could be abused.

Can voxalot arrange to pass the voxalot account number for the account to Betamax so they can limit the calls from a particular account? As it is pre programmed into the voxalot account I can't see how this could be abused? as long as the call is initiated by one of voxalots servers only that is.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #20
dimitrivisser

Quote:
Well, at least in this case, FUP should not be the issue, calling a UM+ number is a charged call regardless of the IP sent
I think Betamax blocks all calls (also the charged calls) when the FUP is reached. At least when using callforwarding with Voxalot. That was also the case before the eu server was "patched" a couple of months ago. It is strange they do this, but it's also strange they block free calls when the FUP is reached. When using Betamax directly for making calls they charge something for each minute when the FUP is reached. They can do this also with voxalot-callforwarding.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that depending on where you are using your UM+, sometimes you may not receive calls properly when roaming among networks
Don't say anything bad about United Mobile I love it too much.

Quote:
A way to try, is to temporarily forward to a different number and see if calls go through ok in that case (if this works, then the issue is probabky with UM+)
I tried forwarding to several other (non United Mobile) mobile and home phonenumbers. It doesn't work. All I get is a fast beep beep beep (busy tone).

Quote:
---Up to this point this probably does not help the other 2 posters having an issue-----
It also doesn't help me