Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
dracula

dracula is on a distinguished road
Default enum lookup

Hello

i have registered a german number with e164.org and added an ENUM record to sip:/ xxxx@sip1.sipdiscount.com. But when I call using voxalot, i get a message saying "Sorry! The number you have called could not be connected. Please try again."

Any ideas how i cand fix this issue?

thank you
a.
dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
dibsmft

dibsmft is on a distinguished road

Unless they have changed recently, sipdiscount do not accept incoming calls.
dibsmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
dracula

dracula is on a distinguished road

thanx

but if i make a test to that sip address using the link from e164 .. it is working. The problem is with the enum lookup for a german DID provided by sipdiscount and that have been registered within e164.
Does the error message sound familiar to anybody?
dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

dracula,

read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Ashley,

To fully grasp the power of VoXaLot, you have to think of it in a couple of different ways.

From the perspective of your ATA, VoXaLot is a VoIP provider. Your ATA registers with VoXaLot and interacts with it the same way it would with any VoIP provider. With absolutely no providers or dial plans set up on VoXaLot, you can call other VoIP users on VoXaLot, other VoIP users who are registered with ENUM, and other VoIP users on networks (providers) which allow access via Sip Broker.

From the perspective of your VoIP providers, VoXaLot is a virtual ATA. Using the information you supply in Provider entries, VoXalot registers on your behalf with your VoIP providers in order to accept incoming calls from those providers. These incoming calls are relayed to your ATA and telephone. Dial Plan entries allow you selectively make outgoing calls via the desired VoIP provider. If your VoIP provider supports SIP URI forwarding of your incoming calls, you can point those calls to SIP:xxxxxx@voxalot.com (where xxxxxx is your 6-digit VoXaLot number). In this case, you may not need to have VoXaLot register with your provider (some providers do require registration to make outgoing calls).

The forwarding feature of VoXaLot is probably the least useful. It would allow you to redirect your incoming calls to a different destination (a VoIP provider which allows incoming forwarding of SIP calls, for example). You do not need to set up any forwarding entries on VoXaLot for normal operation.

The most important aspect to making VoXaLot work (especially in the beginning) is to keep everything extremely simple. Get the basics (echo and voicemail) working before adding any Provider or Dial Plan entries. Then add a single provider and get one or two dial plan entries working with it. Build it up very slowly, making sure all the previous capabilities work after attempting to add a new one.

Ron
and now you may to decide to use voxalot as in between sipgate and your phone and routing you enum entry to voxalot.

This is how I did it with my VSP (provider):
my ATA is registered at voxalot and voxalot is registered at my VSP as 'my phone' and all calls out/in are going/comming through voxalot to/from this VSP and my enum entry points to voxalot - it is just perfect!

Carl