Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:01 AM   #11
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emontes View Post
And I can see that the message that I receive when I call to my BV number is a Voxalot message and not a BV message.
Just curious as to how you are determining it is a Voxalot message, and not a BV one?

I took the liberty of looking at your account details, and re-initiated a registration with Broadvoice. Looking at the logs, it seems that the problem is that we send the registration request to sip.broadvoice.com and they never send a response message. I can also see that we are retrying every few minutes, but we never get back a response.

Can you tell from the Broadvoice side whether they think that we have successfully registered with them?

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
emontes

emontes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Just curious as to how you are determining it is a Voxalot message, and not a BV one?

I took the liberty of looking at your account details, and re-initiated a registration with Broadvoice. Looking at the logs, it seems that the problem is that we send the registration request to sip.broadvoice.com and they never send a response message. I can also see that we are retrying every few minutes, but we never get back a response.

Can you tell from the Broadvoice side whether they think that we have successfully registered with them?

--
Craig
Hi Craig,

I can tell that I was registered with BV as I could do outbound calls with them.
About the re-registration that you've tried, BV said that I can't have two devices registered and I'm already registered with pbxes.com at the moment, maybe this was the reason.
Is there any other thing that we can do to test?

Thanks,

Eryck
emontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #13
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Hi Craig,

I can tell that I was registered with BV as I could do outbound calls with them.
About the re-registration that you've tried, BV said that I can't have two devices registered and I'm already registered with pbxes.com at the moment, maybe this was the reason.
Is there any other thing that we can do to test?

Thanks,

Eryck
Ok,

In VoXalot, did BV ever show as Registered, after you set SIP Registration to Yes (keep in mind it does not have to register to make calls, just to receive them)?

Does BV have a way of telling you that such and such device is currently registered with them (like a status update on their end)?

Please check regarding the above questions, turn the PBXes registration to "No, just outbound calls", and let craig know when he can take another shot at registering BV and checkong on it...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #14
emontes

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Ok,

In VoXalot, did BV ever show as Registered, after you set SIP Registration to Yes (keep in mind it does not have to register to make calls, just to receive them)?

Does BV have a way of telling you that such and such device is currently registered with them (like a status update on their end)?

Please check regarding the above questions, turn the PBXes registration to "No, just outbound calls", and let craig know when he can take another shot at registering BV and checkong on it...

Hi,

BV showed as registered on Voxalot when I've tried to use it.
BV support is not good, they take some time to answer and most of the times,
its not the answer that you need.
I've set my BV on pbxes.com to just outbound calls.
If you wanna take a look again, no worries.

Thanks again,

Eryck Montes

Last edited by emontes; 11-01-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #15
emontes

I had to activate again the register option on pbxes.com as I was trying to do outbound calls and it wasnt working.
As soon as I set the Register option to Yes, it worked.
Let me know when you want to do the tests than I can set this option to No again.

Thanks,

Eryck
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I had to activate again the register option on pbxes.com as I was trying to do outbound calls and it wasnt working.
As soon as I set the Register option to Yes, it worked.
Let me know when you want to do the tests than I can set this option to No again.
I must admit that I am confused with what you are trying to achieve. If it is working, then why would you want to set the option back to No?

Perhaps if I give you a bit more background on how the registration process works, it might help you get some clarity.

To make outbound calls, you do not have to be registered with your provider (ie. you can set SIP Register=NO in Voxalot). This is the case for 99% of providers (there are some very rare exceptions that do make you register, but they are in the minority). The point I am making here is that just because you can make outbound calls does not necessarily mean that Voxalot is holding an active registration with that provider.

However, to accept inbound calls from that provider, then you do have to set SIP Register=YES. When you do this, we send a message to your provider saying that all incoming calls to your number should be sent to us.

If you are trying to configure both voxalot.com and pbxes.com to register, then Broadvoice doesn't know which one they should send inbound calls to.

That is why they say that you can only have one device (in this case, pbxes.com and voxalot.com are both acting as "devices") that is registered. When you deactivated your pbxes.com registration and reactivated your Voxalot one, that is why things started to work.

So, the question is where do you want calls to your Broadvoice number to be sent to: pbxes.com or voxalot.com.

I hope that helps explain a bit how it works.

--
Craig
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
emontes

Quote:
I must admit that I am confused with what you are trying to achieve. If it is working, then why would you want to set the option back to No?

Perhaps if I give you a bit more background on how the registration process works, it might help you get some clarity.

To make outbound calls, you do not have to be registered with your provider (ie. you can set SIP Register=NO in Voxalot). This is the case for 99% of providers (there are some very rare exceptions that do make you register, but they are in the minority). The point I am making here is that just because you can make outbound calls does not necessarily mean that Voxalot is holding an active registration with that provider.

However, to accept inbound calls from that provider, then you do have to set SIP Register=YES. When you do this, we send a message to your provider saying that all incoming calls to your number should be sent to us.

If you are trying to configure both voxalot.com and pbxes.com to register, then Broadvoice doesn't know which one they should send inbound calls to.

That is why they say that you can only have one device (in this case, pbxes.com and voxalot.com are both acting as "devices") that is registered. When you deactivated your pbxes.com registration and reactivated your Voxalot one, that is why things started to work.

So, the question is where do you want calls to your Broadvoice number to be sent to: pbxes.com or voxalot.com.

I hope that helps explain a bit how it works.

--
Craig
Hi Craig,

Thanks for your answer.
Just one thing, it was not working here in voxalot.com and it is working in pbxes.com.
I havent tried to register both at the same time because I know it wont work, when I was trying with Voxalot, pbxes.com was set to register=no and vice-versa.
What I am telling you is that I set the option in pbxes.com for "just outbound calls", register=NO, then, you could do your tests registering Broadvoice with Voxalot.
After that, I tried to make a call, using BV and pbxes.com, and I was receiving an error message.
Then, I set the option in pbxes.com for "inbound and outbound calls" or register=YES, and when I tried to call again, it worked.
What I just wanna help with is with Broadvoice working with Voxalot as I can't receive calls, just make calls.

Thanks a lot,

Eryck
Unread 11-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
craig

Quote:
What I am telling you is that I set the option in pbxes.com for "just outbound calls", register=NO, then, you could do your tests registering Broadvoice with Voxalot.
OK... happy to do that. One thing, though... the default timeout for registrations is one hour. So, for the test to be useful, you will need to disable registration in pbxes.com, wait for an hour and then initiate the registration from Voxalot. The logging is currently setup for this, so feel free to do it anytime that is convenient for you.

Please post here, or PM me, when you have had a chance to do it, and I will have a look at the logs and your account details. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, are you able to see in Broadvoice somewhere what "device" it thinks it is registered to? That will help in diagnosing what is going wrong.

--
Craig
Unread 11-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #19
emontes

Quote:
OK... happy to do that. One thing, though... the default timeout for registrations is one hour. So, for the test to be useful, you will need to disable registration in pbxes.com, wait for an hour and then initiate the registration from Voxalot. The logging is currently setup for this, so feel free to do it anytime that is convenient for you.

Please post here, or PM me, when you have had a chance to do it, and I will have a look at the logs and your account details. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, are you able to see in Broadvoice somewhere what "device" it thinks it is registered to? That will help in diagnosing what is going wrong.

--
Craig
Hello Craig,

I switched off registration from pbxes.com for BV and Voxalot and switched on in Voxalot for Broadvoice.
Will wait 1 hour and some minutes, will test it and will roll back the changes.
Dont know if you are online to take a look now but if you are not, the timestamp is:

01:30 Switched off registration from pbxes for BV and Voxalot
Switched on registration for BV in Voxalot
02:30 Will initiate tests
02:45 Will rollback the changes.

Thanks,

Eryck
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:08 AM   #20
emontes

Hi,

Any news on this?
I just would like to know if it works with Broadvoice or not.

Thanks.