Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-22-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
w0h

w0h is on a distinguished road
Default Using a ipkall DID.

Hello All. i got couple of questions regarding voxalot speed dial
Here is what i am trying to do and i have accomplished half of what was supposively being done. i got the speed dial working affectively

I got a ipkall did and this is what i want to do
i want friend of mine to call ipkall number and then be able to use voxalot speed dial from my ata adapter. I did got the speed dial working but now my question is how do i set up the account to have others access my speed dial without picking up the phone. It just be automated thing like after one dial it prompts line1 dialtone. and then **1 would just transfer the call to speed dial 1. if any1 would be kind enough to tell me how this thing could be done i would really appreciate that.

thankyou
sincerly
w0h
w0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 03:21 AM   #2
phoneuser

phoneuser is on a distinguished road

I think it would be better if you post what kind of ATA you are using. It is assumed that your ATA is registered with voxalot where IPkall is forwarded to yor voxalot URI.
phoneuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
w0h

Default ata type.

I got Sipura 3000 with me and yes it is being registered as of right now.
All i am trying to do is get a dial tone as prompt after pin is being pressed.
Same as some1 calls from pstn to voip. after 3 rings it gets a pin prompt. when dialed that pin gives the dial tone for the registered voip on pstn line.
If any1 could help me lettin me know how could i process that it would be really helpfull. Thank you..
sincerly.
w0h
Unread 06-23-2006, 02:12 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0h
I got Sipura 3000 with me and yes it is being registered as of right now.
All i am trying to do is get a dial tone as prompt after pin is being pressed.
Same as some1 calls from pstn to voip. after 3 rings it gets a pin prompt. when dialed that pin gives the dial tone for the registered voip on pstn line.
If any1 could help me lettin me know how could i process that it would be really helpfull.
That sort of a setup is possible, but a huge PITA to setup. You may very well wonder if it is "worth it", by the time you are done with the setup!!!

However, if you are determined, here is what you need to, to even make it possible with an SPA-3000:

1) Point your IPKall number to the VoIP provider on the PSTN side of the SPA-3000. And this should not be the same VoIP account you have on the "Line 1" side of the SPA-3000 (i.e. use a different account, or better yet a different VoIP company). For example, you could sign up with FWD ( http://www.freeworlddialup.com/ ), put FWD on the PSTN side of the SPA-3000 (with your IPKall number pointed to FWD).

2) Wire up the "Line" jack, the "Phone" jack, and your real phones all togeather via phone patch cords (and no, this won't work, if you want to hook up a real telco line to the SPA-3000).

3) Setup the VoIP=>PSTN features of the SPA-3000, including the needed "dial plan", the PIN code, etc.

4) If (and only if) you have all of these things setup properly, than you should (in theory) be able to let someone call into the IPKall number, and call out via your "Line 1" VoIP provider(s). The actual call path goes something like this:

4A) VoIP call comes in on PSTN VoIP provider.

4B) SPA-3000 answers the call, and asks for the PIN.

4C) Assuming that the PIN is correct, the SPA-3000 will try to take the PSTN "phone line" off hook.

4D) Assuming that nobody is currently using phone at your place, this will succeed, and actually act as if you picked up your "phone" at home (because the two sides of the SPA-3000 are now physicially wired togeather).

4E) This should allow the remote user to dial out using your "Line 1" VoIP providers, provided both the "Line 1" and the "VoIP=PSTN" "dial plans" allow the digits dialed.

NOTE:
Yes, this is a huge "kludge". But that really is what is required to allow an SPA-3000 to do VoIP=>VoIP bridging, without additional hardware (such as an IP-PBX) in the mix...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2006, 05:47 AM   #5
w0h

Default thanz for the reply

Actually i had got some advice from voxilla of how to bridge line1 to pstn and i got it workin now.. seams gr8. but i was thinkin if i could use easypabx where it be nice to get rid of bridging pstn the only problem is i dont know how to set IVR system there.. if there is any1 who could help me with that i would really appreciate that.. with that i guess i will be able to save a port.
neways thanz for the support..really appreciate all the help.
sincerly
w0h