Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 07-05-2007, 04:02 AM   #41
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard99 View Post
Martin,

Thanks for the inclusion of Voxlite I am sure you will able to serve all type of users now. But please consider to include to open port 80 & 443 for users in where other ports are blocked. Some users also mentioned ..."due to travel many HotSpots or Internet Access in Hotels allowing only Ports 80 and 443..."
Your this inclusion will be icing on cake and will able to draw many more users.

Will Voxalot server will be same for all 3 type of subscriber or different?
Port 80 and 443 are planned as part of stage 2. Stage 2 involves additional server infrastruture to be added as well as the port allocations you mention.

All subscribers will use the same set of servers.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 07-05-2007, 04:05 AM   #42
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Martin for wonderful efforts.
Unread 07-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #43
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Yes, VoxBasic will allow dial plans and unlimited providers for outbound calling.
Even when some of those providers require registration to make outbound calls? If so, how does one indicate to Voxalot which one of those registrations is meant for inbound calls as well.
Unread 07-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #44
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco View Post
Even when some of those providers require registration to make outbound calls? If so, how does one indicate to Voxalot which one of those registrations is meant for inbound calls as well.
No, the provider must allow calling without registration for the above to work. This is the case for the majority of providers.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 07-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #45
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Callcentric registration

I think Callcentric advise user to register and it appears on Callcentric login page, registered or not. Does Callcentric registration is required for outbound calls?
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #46
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Callcentric Registration is NOT required for outbound calls.
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #47
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

What I would personally like to see:

A VoXalot account that includes the Premium features, but with no need for any SIP registration.

The new workaround that allows anyone to call you from a SipBroker access number directly to a Cell/Landline, only requires an outbound provider with no registration, and one forwarding.
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #48
manula

manula is on a distinguished road

hello everyone,
the Premium services are finally here! I think it is just fair that Voxalot start charging for their service, seeing as they've done so much for all of use thoughout the years.
Now, I had a look at people's comments and the different plans that will be available as of July 16th. I have to say the price is pretty far from the anticipated price of $15 a year. Of course only Voxalot know what type of revenues they are after and the actual cost of running their service.
I am a little bit disappointed at the restrictions imposed by the new paid plans though. There was never - I think - any mention of limiting the number of call forwarding rules and of registered providers. This will surely affect a large number of user who were relying on Voxalot for their own and they family's needs.

I jotted down my personal suggestion for a perhaps more versatile and competitive (and consisent with Voxalot's past record) organisation of the new plans. Just my opinion and I do respect Voxalot's new commercial choice.

free service: Basic
dial plan: 10 rules
1 sip register
speed dial: 10 numbers

$10.00: Basic +
dial plan: 20 rules
1 sip register
speed dial: 20 numbers
call forward: 1 rule

$15: Premium 1 -->(the anticipated price of $15)<--
dial plan: unlimited
1 sip register
speed dial: unlimited
webcallback
call forward: 5 rules

extra sip register: $1.50

$20: Premium 2
5 sip register
webcallback
call forward: unlimited

extra sip register: $1.50

$30: Premium 3 -->(two times the anticipated price of $15)<--
15 sip register
webcallback
call forward: unlimited

extra sip register: $1.00

This way users who only need Voxalot to use several provider to make their calls still can do it for free, but if they need a more advanced dial plan then they'll need to pay a small nominal fee.
Users who require more speed dials and dialplan rules will have their otion.
Users who need a little bit of everything (dialplan, call forward, speed dial and webcallback) can sign up for a Premium membership, priced as promised months ago.
Any user who needs more stuff, like more sip register and unlimited dial plan rules, speed dials and call forwards will be able to chose their Premium plan based on the number of sip registrations they need.
I think it's pretty useful to have the option of customising one's membership by purchasing additional sip registrations.

Opinions welcome.
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #49
gambrinus

gambrinus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gambrinus Send a message via MSN to gambrinus Send a message via Skype™ to gambrinus

Thanks for your post manula,

personally I would also like to see unlimited SIP registrations at least in the "Extreme" tariff.

This would enable me to test new VSPs without having to think about disabling some of the VSP I currently actively use.

What about a traffic plan instead of fixed numbers of registrations? I bet that some users with 15+ SIP registrations (like me) can cause much less traffic than heavy users with 2 SIP registrations (like my mum ).

gambrinus
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #50

130166 is on a distinguished road

Quick opinion. Keep it simple. I think the current plans are good. With the introduction of VoxLite, anyway for me.
But ok as you said we don't now the costs and the wishes of management.
And I don't calculate the consequences for heavyer users. I think only companys need much registrations and I have no problem, they pay more. Or if you use it for big family it is fair too you pay more.
Basically even VoxBasic is worth something. But charging that is difficult because they promised to keep that free.
Closed Thread