Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Cris77

Cris77 is on a distinguished road
Default Problem to call another user through Voxalot

I have 2 Aladino Wifi (Samsung WIP-6000M H/W Version V.31 S/W V2.2.0).

One is in Italy connected to eu.voxalot.com and one in US connected to us.voxalot.com).
I am using the one in US to call thought Voipdiscount and other providers without any major problems.
Till a few weeks ago I was able to call the phone in Italy through Voxalot without using any intermediate providers.
A few weeks ago I could not connect to the phone in Italy anymore.

Each time I call or I am called the phone reset or I could not hear the other person or viceversa.

I wonder if something changed lately in voxalot that determined this problem and how I can fix it.

-Cris
Cris77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris77 View Post
I have 2 Aladino Wifi (Samsung WIP-6000M H/W Version V.31 S/W V2.2.0).

One is in Italy connected to eu.voxalot.com and one in US connected to us.voxalot.com).
I am using the one in US to call thought Voipdiscount and other providers without any major problems.
Till a few weeks ago I was able to call the phone in Italy through Voxalot without using any intermediate providers.
A few weeks ago I could not connect to the phone in Italy anymore.

Each time I call or I am called the phone reset or I could not hear the other person or viceversa.

I wonder if something changed lately in voxalot that determined this problem and how I can fix it.

-Cris

No major changes have happened....

If you can have someone on the italian end powercycle the ATA (turn off, then plug back on) see if that does the trick.

The other thing, try calling *010123456, rather than 123456 and see if it makes a difference...

A possible issue is if there has been any changes with the router, or internet provider to which the ATA in italy is connected to.

Also, except for calls between the two of you, check to see if the italian ATA can call *600 (echo test successfully), also try calling it from one of the US SipBroker Access Numbers, using a PSTN phone then enter *010123456 (where 123456 is the VoXalot number) and see if you have the same audio issues.

Next, try reaching *600 from your end, and reaching yourself from SipBroker Access Number, and see how your end behaves.

If you have the possibility, have both ATAs configured with a STUN server like stun.xten.com

Just for info:
Calling *600 simulates an outgoing call and gives you a sense of how 2-way audio is working.

Calling from SipBroker (using a PSTN phone) simulates an incoming call, also by using a PSTN phone you eliminate the possibility of negotiation issues....

Another way to simulate an incoming call is to go here SIPBroker - EziDial, enter your SIP URI, and you'll receive a call from the ECHO Test....

The only major issue in the last little while, was an outage a week or so back, but that was resolved within a day

Last edited by emoci; 11-03-2007 at 02:24 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
Cris77

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
No major changes have happened....

If you can have someone on the italian end powercycle the ATA (turn off, then plug back on) see if that does the trick.
You need to explain me what you mean by that.

Quote:

The other thing, try calling *010123456, rather than 123456 and see if it makes a difference...
My dial plan translate a six digit number in *010XXXXXX. I don't think it will do a difference.

Quote:
A possible issue is if there has been any changes with the router, or internet provider to which the ATA in italy is connected to.

Also, except for calls between the two of you, check to see if the italian ATA can call *600 (echo test successfully), also try calling it from one of the US SipBroker Access Numbers, using a PSTN phone then enter *010123456 (where 123456 is the VoXalot number) and see if you have the same audio issues.
*600 in Italy work. Also a call from EziDial works

Quote:
Next, try reaching *600 from your end, and reaching yourself from SipBroker Access Number, and see how your end behaves.
It works.

Quote:
If you have the possibility, have both ATAs configured with a STUN server like stun.xten.com
The Aladino doesn't use a stun server. I wonder if this is the problem. But it was working before.

Quote:
Just for info:
Calling *600 simulates an outgoing call and gives you a sense of how 2-way audio is working.
Working on both ends.

Quote:
Calling from SipBroker (using a PSTN phone) simulates an incoming call, also by using a PSTN phone you eliminate the possibility of negotiation issues....
Another way to simulate an incoming call is to go here SIPBroker - EziDial, enter your SIP URI, and you'll receive a call from the ECHO Test....
Since theEZiDial works I should conclude that is a negotiation problem? How do I solve it?

Quote:
The only major issue in the last little while, was an outage a week or so back, but that was resolved within a day
Ok....
So what is the problem?

-Cris
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Can you call Italy successfully by calling a SipBroker Access Number from your PSTN phone (not the ATA), then entering their number in *010123456 format? How is the audio?

Can you call yourself by calling a SipBroker Access Number from your PSTN phone, then entering your number in *010123456 format? How is the audio?

BTW, Powercycle= Unplug the ATA (turn power off), wait 1-5 minutes then Plug it back on (turn power on)
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:26 AM   #5
Cris77

I tried with *010XXXXXX. It works.

That is strange before: it worked before without the prefix.

On my Dial Plan I have always had:

Pattern: _XXXXXX
Replacement: *010${EXTEN}
Provider: Voxalot
Active Yes
Virtual Toll Free Enabled: Yes
Enum Lookup: Yes ${EXTEN}
Geographic Lookup: No

If I test it it says: A call to:92XXXX will get forwarded to *01092XXXX via Voxalot

I tried "Enum Lookup: No" but I still have the same problem.

So I need to force myself and other to use the prefix *010 ?

-Cris

Last edited by Cris77; 11-09-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
Cris77

Default Requarding the quality

Thanks a lot for the support.

Requarding the quality:

If I call through voxalot only to Italy the quality is very good. No cutting at all.

However calling US through:

Aladino Wifi ->Voxalot->Voipdiscount->PSTN phone

The quality is very low. People tell me a lot of times that I am breaking and they cannot really understand me.

When I receive a call:

PSTN phone -> IPKall -> Voxalot -> Aladino WiFi

The quality is often even worse.

I don't know where is the problem.

Can improve the quality changing the order of codecs?
What order of the codecs you would suggest?

-Cris
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris77 View Post
I tried with *010XXXXXX. It works.

That is strange before: it worked before.

On my Dial Plan I have:

Pattern: _XXXXXX
Replacement: *010${EXTEN}
Provider: Voxalot
Active Yes
Virtual Toll Free Enabled: Yes
Enum Lookup: Yes ${EXTEN}
Geographic Lookup: No

If I test it it says: A call to:92XXXX will get forwarded to *01092XXXX via Voxalot

I tried Enum Lookup No but I still have the same problem.

So I need to force myself and other to use the prefix *010 ?
Is it the only way out?

-Cris

Oh ok, now I see your issue.... I had the same problem (coincidentally started happening after the downtime, although some ppl had complained about it before) I had the exact setup as you before...

This is what I am using now:

Pattern: _xxxxxx
Replacament: *031${EXTEN}
Provider: SipBroker
Active: Yes
NO for all the other 3 settings

Notice, I am using SipBroker rather than VoXalot as the provider, but both can be used, but if using VoXalot the person you call will not receive CID, they'll see Private or Your Name <Private Number>

Let me know if that works...

Quote:
What order of the codecs you would suggest?
This has worked really well for me ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

I have been using InternetCalls, quality is good if I call US/Canada/UK (was ok the 2 times we called Italy too), on the other hand calls to UK mobiles are pretty bad, I think it's more of a BetaMax thing....

BTW, if you do not receive calls directly to VoipDiscount, try using it with SIP Register set to No.

One more thing, after you've solved your other issues, and if you see improvement with the codec change give the Audio Optimization a try http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...e-quality.html

Last edited by emoci; 11-09-2007 at 12:51 AM.