Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #21
Bazza

Bazza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity
Can you not see any problem with 6 digit 13 numbers? I know that ATAs can often have their own dial plans so these to go to the PSTN line if the ATA has an FXO port.

There will be a problem calling 13 xx xx voxalot numbers when there is a possibility of a 'normal' PSTN 13 xx xx number. You can't setup dial plans to cater for this.... [Edit: unless you know specifcally which 13 xx xx numbers are meant to go where]
Firstly, thanks for a great concept Voxalot. I am still getting it working so I will be reading the Forums furiously. Thanks for pointing me to voxalot Affinity.

There are also 6 digit 19XXXX numbers. So 6 digit Voxalot numbers in the 19 range may be a problem.

But we must think internationally - not just for the Australian numbering. That could raise a lot more problems. It may require an escape code - shudder!

BTW, it was mentioned that there may not be any 0350 numbers. Swan Hill-Ouyen-Mildura use 0350XXXXXX numbers.

Finally, does the Voxalot dial plan allow for any numbers not specifically identified in the dial plan to fall through and be processed by voxalot? I think not.

(For general information, there are also some 7 digit 180 numbers (180[2-9]XXX) and a few 8 digit 13 numbers (1345XXXX) just to make life difficult. If you want more info just ask.)

/Bazza

Last edited by Bazza; 06-02-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Bazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

So, perhaps given all this extra information... it might be best to not allow any voxalot numbers starting with ZERO or ONE. Is it too late to have users with ONE accounts re-allocated?
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #23
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

I don't see the point in trying to constrain Voxalot numbers to not clash with local 6 digit numbers in Aus. If you do that, then you should do it for the rest of the world and you can almost guarantee that there will be a country somewhere that uses the same 6 digit numbering space.

Far easier to either use the full dialling code when trying to reach a PSTN number or, use a prefix for the PSTN number (or Voxalot number) and have a dial plan entry pick it up, strip the prefix and forward accordingly. It's not too difficult to do
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #24
Bazza

Bazza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie
I don't see the point in trying to constrain Voxalot numbers to not clash with local 6 digit numbers in Aus. If you do that, then you should do it for the rest of the world and you can almost guarantee that there will be a country somewhere that uses the same 6 digit numbering space.

Far easier to either use the full dialling code when trying to reach a PSTN number or, use a prefix for the PSTN number (or Voxalot number) and have a dial plan entry pick it up, strip the prefix and forward accordingly. It's not too difficult to do
I agree that a global solution is required.

The problem is we have have multiple numbering plans - country A, country B ... , Voxalot etc - all appearing at Voxalot without any form of identification of them. So there are going to be different clashes in different countries. As you say fozzie, we either have to identify Voxalot numbers or identify PSTN numbers so Voxalot can handle them differently.

The idea of making non-technical people change the way they enter ordinary Telephone numbers is just not on. We really only have two unique prefix identifiers - the characters '*' and '#'.

We could just add an extra '*' in front of Voxalot numbers and SIP-coded numbers (ie. they would have '**'). _*X. would identify Voxalot numbers and _**X. would identify sipbroker numbers.

Alternatively, we could identify Voxalot numbers with Voxalot SIP-codes.

I suggest that we use SIP-codes in front of Voxalot numbers and see what issues arise. At your own ATA you could use either of the above methods to identify Voxalot numbers.

BTW - Do we need a new Dial Plan thread for this discussion? Or as a main category thread?
Bazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #25
affinity

** with voxalot already does speed dials.
*010 uses sipbroker to call voxalot.com numbers
*7607 uses sipbroker to call voxalot.com.au numbers

I can use either *010 or *7607 to call my voxalot number.

Now.... how can I get my sipbroker alias to answer through my voxalot registration?
- it is 236 [my initials AEM], the sipbroker account was setup with a FWD number;
- my FWD number answers via my voxalot.com.au registration.

Dialing *011236 [using another voip line] gives the message "Sorry, the sipbroker alias you called is not connected."

Last edited by affinity; 06-03-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Unread 06-04-2006, 04:17 AM   #26
affinity

Quote:
I can use either *010 or *7607 to call my voxalot number.
This doesn't seem to be consitent, sometimes I have to use *7607 with *010 not functioning....
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #27
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Now.... how can I get my sipbroker alias to answer through my voxalot registration?
- it is 236 [my initials AEM], the sipbroker account was setup with a FWD number;
- my FWD number answers via my voxalot.com.au registration.

Dialing *011236 [using another voip line] gives the message "Sorry, the sipbroker alias you called is not connected."
I just set up a 3-digit Sip Broker alias (011-1-xxx) on a Sip Broker account which is assigned to my FWD number (393-xxxxxx) and when I dial *0111xxx, the call comes in on my VoXaLot phone as expected (I have this FWD number registered on VoXaLot).

Wasn't the Sip Broker alias you were assigned actually 011-61-236 and therefore you should be dialing *01161236?

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #28
affinity

Thanks Ron, you were spot on!